Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Following their gut wrenching defeat to the Bison in the 2011 playoffs, Jeff Monken had his GA So team together on the field singing their school song. That was emotional for me, and I’ve been a GA So fan and Monken fan ever since. Class Act!! Go Army!
    I have followed Monken since he was an assistant at Navy. The guy is a hard nosed, classy old school coach. Hard for me to say the Go A...! thing, but Monken is a class act...unfortunately his offense will likely limit is ability to move up to bigger better FBS teams, if he continues his current level of success, he will be at the Point for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    Getting hammered too many times with my track teammate Kevin Donnalley who went on to play for the Patriots and coach the Bison under Hager.

Playing BB games of horse using only dunks with track teammates Stacy Robinson (2nd round draft choice by the Giants) and Jeff Conley (who was also a wide receiver) as a warm up to indoor track practice.

Being a track teammate with Robert Blakely who was also a wide receiver and 7th round draft choice by St. Louis.

Renting a room from former track teammate Shane Hoddenfield my first year of coaching women’s track and field while he was an assistant football coach under Rocky. The next year a young grad assistant named Gus Bradley rented the same room.

Rocky saying “How’s it going Schweigs” in the hallway of the BSA.

Hearing the glass break from the schnapps bottle thrown at Ed Schultz in the press booth behind me as I drank from my own bottle.

Etc.
    Ha ha...I was probably there for those games as well. I was a tutor for Stacy. He was an interesting dude...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Umm, I think Everclear killed worms...
    Bri-dog...you should be worm free for life...three words...purple passion punch

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If you need someone to help, I have the equipment and ability. In fact, I’m digitalizing a ton of wrestling VHS tapes right now.

Gene Simmons would be offended that your lotion bottle is closer to the Bison banner than the KISS poster.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I have this full game on dvd if anyone wants to borrow it.
    Christopher Moen would probably like to borrow it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Gene Simmons would be offended that your lotion bottle is closer to the Bison banner than the KISS poster.
    I'll move it if he cuts me a good deal on their "End of the Road" tour.

Otherwise, it stays. Darn arid climate makes the hands chap pretty quick.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'll move it if he cuts me a good deal on their "End of the Road" tour.

Otherwise, it stays. Darn arid climate makes the hands chap pretty quick.
    Got any Dan Severn in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Christopher Moen would probably like to borrow it.
    I'll help anyone digitalize their old NDSU football game tapes. Fairly easy process for me. However, the reel-to-reel tapes can be tough and often requires a dehydrator to get them playable again.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I seen Dan the beast beat the ever loving shit out of some poor bastere at mahnomen when I was a kid...I got blood on me in the 5th row it was brutal

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I haven't seen any old footage of him. He's probably on some old VHS tapes of the 84' and 88' Olympic Trials in our storage unit. If it exists, my predecessor would probably have it as he had all those tapes digitalize before he retired. Unfortunately, he took everything with him when he left, so when I need something, I either have to wait to see if he can find it (he's still a pretty busy guy) or I get to "enjoy" the process of finding the footage myself.

This process becomes too much fun when third party companies need old footage for their project. We ran into this when working with those that did the Team Foxcatcher (https://www.netflix.com/title/80044093) documentary and currently with those who are doing a project on Kurt Angle. It's literally looking for a needle in the haystack. I'm just glad when MMA companies like the UFC needs footage, it's for athletes that competed during my tenure in the video department, and therefore, will already have their footage readily available in digital format on hard drives and easy to find.
    Hail the BISON!!!