Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Following their gut wrenching defeat to the Bison in the 2011 playoffs, Jeff Monken had his GA So team together on the field singing their school song. That was emotional for me, and I’ve been a GA So fan and Monken fan ever since. Class Act!! Go Army!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'll never forget Drew Ruggles wanted to swim with the sharks.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    We were FCS for all three...the first game was in our probationary period...2006, the van gorder year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please don't bring up Van Pukes name. Thank you for helping GSU get rid of him after 1 year. No one in Statesboro like him and under him we were no where near a playoff bid. The same for the next HC. The next 2 games GSU played NDSU under HC Monken and his first game against NDSU was a disaster. We had a very good play calling QB in Shaw, but he was not quick or fast enough to make it to the LOS and gain anything after NDSU shut down the FB and pitch man.

In the 3rd game NDSU tried the same defensive scheme but our QB was quick and fast enough to gain the yardage GSU needed. I think he had 230 yards that game, but NDSU still made a come back and won that game against a very good GSU Triple Option team
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Following their gut wrenching defeat to the Bison in the 2011 playoffs, Jeff Monken had his GA So team together on the field singing their school song. That was emotional for me, and I’ve been a GA So fan and Monken fan ever since. Class Act!! Go Army!
    Thanks

He has turned ARMY around and I wish GSU could have kept him.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    GSU just came out before the lights came on. Most teams wait until after NDSU comes out and the lights come back on. Guess it showed they weren't intimidated by the team or the atmosphere.

In the end, it was the perfect start to the game the way everything played out. I'll never forget Drew Ruggles wanted to swim with the sharks.
    Maybe he was trying to get his team ready. I don't remember any objections from NDSU in the local paper or Monken Show.

I just remember after the 3rd game with NDSU I saw the Bison in a new light. Your Coaching & Players are top notch and you haven't faltered.
    GSU is inconsistent with their coaching picks & we have payed the price.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    No, think I've only seen short snippets of it.
    This one?

CalBisonFan, any chance you have full versions of those games?
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSU-GSU #1 (http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId/262800290): NDSU wins 34-14 in Statesboro.
    NDSU-GSU #2a (https://www.bisonmediazone.com/georgia-southern-is-out/): GSU buys out of the FargoDome game for $60,000. I believe St. Francis ends up being the replacement game (NDSU wins 56-3) on September 10, 2011 (GSU was suppose to play NDSU on September 17, 2011). This buy-out might be a telltale sign of why a home and home is not possible with GSU. Well, at least at the FargoDome.
    NDSU-GSU #2b (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5eRPrkYblQ): NDSU wins 35-7 at the FargoDome.
    NDSU-GSU #3: NDSU wins 23-20 in a classic.

Hail the BISON!!!

What made me an NDSU fan (GAME 3)

THIS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_H2PQxa9jQ

& stopping this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0PFhvTT2_w
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-28-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU-GSU #1 (http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId/262800290): NDSU wins 34-14 in Statesboro.
    NDSU-GSU #2a (https://www.bisonmediazone.com/georgia-southern-is-out/): GSU buys out of the FargoDome game for $60,000. I believe St. Francis ends up being the replacement game (NDSU wins 56-3) on September 10, 2011 (GSU was suppose to play NDSU on September 17, 2011). This buy-out might be a telltale sign of why a home and home is not possible with GSU. Well, at least at the FargoDome.
    NDSU-GSU #2b (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5eRPrkYblQ): NDSU wins 35-7 at the FargoDome.
    NDSU-GSU #3: NDSU wins 23-20 in a classic.

A sad day in GSU's history - GSU buys out of the Fargo Dome game for $60,000. I believe St. Francis ends up being the replacement game (NDSU wins 56-3) on September 10, 2011 (GSU was suppose to play NDSU on September 17, 2011). This buy-out might be a telltale sign of why a home and home is not possible with GSU. Well, at least at the Fargo Dome.