Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Marching band 2000 season...

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was in the gold star marching band in 1984 so attended a lot of the home games. I quit the gold start marching band in 1985 but didn't quit Bison Football even when I lived in Omaha, Cheney, Missoula, Klamath Falls, Lewiston (ID), Boise and Bend (OR)
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

I was at many games before this one, but the one that keeps sticking out to me was the SHSU game in '07. I was 12 at the time, and when Sam Houston went up right at the end, I remember my friends packing up to leave right there. I made them stay the rest of the game and said do not give up hope. I'm sure they were glad I told them to stay.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I was at many games before this one, but the one that keeps sticking out to me was the SHSU game in '07. I was 12 at the time, and when Sam Houston went up right at the end, I remember my friends packing up to leave right there. I made them stay the rest of the game and said do not give up hope. I'm sure they were glad I told them to stay.

*My brother is a UCF grad and fan. At FCS level, in the 80s, he was a fair weather fan.

GSU & UCF played 11 times. They beat us in our 2nd year as a club team & then never again.

My Brother & I use to alternate going to the games in Statesboro & Orlando. GSU was always ahead in the 4th and he always wanted to leave half way through the 4th while I wanted to stay and see if GSC could add more points. I told him that he should support his team and UCF may make a comeback. I think he knew that wasn't going to happen but when I pay for a game, I'd like to watch it to the end. When UCF played in Statesboro my brothers consolation prize was going to the Savanah bars and restaurants after the game. The same in Orlando. I never asked him to pay for the winner’s drinks. I never wanted to rub it in after the games.

I know that the last 2 years when I went to a UCF game with him, he made me stay till the end even though UCF had the game in the bag. How things have changed!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2007 Freshman year, I loved Joe Mays

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Hell yes, he was my favorite from my college frame and I have his jersey.

1986 NDSU UND game. 6 years before my birth. Dad recorded it on VHS. Used to watch that all the time.
    College of Business Alumnus

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Hell yes, he was my favorite from my college frame and I have his jersey.
    I’ve got an orange Bronco #51 Mays jersey. Met Joe at one of the Frisco title games he attended as an alum. Down-to-earth personality and great to talk to. He’s definitely one of my all-time favorite Bison.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I’ve got an orange Bronco #51 Mays jersey. Met Joe at one of the Frisco title games he attended as an alum. Down-to-earth personality and great to talk to. He’s definitely one of my all-time favorite Bison.
    You've gat the 51st Ford Bronco off the assembly line? Does it still run or will you have to put some money into it to make it to JMUs stadium and back.
    You could put your Bronco on the AmTrack Auto Train, get off in near the stadium & drive it from the Hotel then to the game to show it off.

CalB, Just an idea to help a Bison fan out! ;=)
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 03-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    Wow, I'm proud of you!