Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

I'm deleting my profile from this site 061920
    Last edited by met1990; 06-20-2020 at 04:37 AM.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

I was at the first Georgia Southern semifinal. That hooked me.

I'd say I got indoctrinated by older siblings, but I don't remember the run in the 80s, vaguely remember '91. Distinctively remember Beachy blowing out his knee (via radio) I didn't go to an actual game until fall '98. Sort of lost sight like many did for several years. Went to maybe a game a year starting with Valparaiso game until after I got married in 05, wife (Canadian no less!) really liked it and went to a couple a year, really got hooked in 07ish, got season tickets the next year and usually make it to the majority of games since. SHSU game may have been the linch pin, but Minnesota 07 really drove home to get (back??) on the bandwagon. Haven't got off since. Sat thru most of the disaster of '09 including Wyoming.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The first night game at the fargodome. Pitt state. I was aware of the Bison before this, this just hooked me. I swear I got a green horn at that game. Don't have it anymore and haven't seen them since. Think the mvfc bans noise makers. Pretty sure I snagged a Garth Brooks in pieces cassette tape that weekend as well. The wife got hooked at the first meeting of NDSU vs Sam Houston. We stayed until the finish.

Lardsin must go!

Probably not until we shocked Montana back in early 2000s.

2011 gopher game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometime in the mid-70’s got started, BisonSioux game around 1980.

Became a fan as a kid. The Montana game got me re engaged. The 2006 Gophers game is what got me pumped up.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Somewhere it the early to mid-80s. As a young kid I liked football and would watch if it was one. The Bison-Sioux game would be one of the only televised games and I would watch. It seemed everybody in town/school watched that game. I had to pick a team. I picked the Bison and watched that game every year. By the mid-80s I was listening to the rest of the games on the radio and watched if another game got on tv (playoffs sometimes). By '90 it was all I could think about.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Mud game in the playoffs at Pitt State.....I want to say 1994?