Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NDSU Football Roster by Class and Depth Chart

Default Re: 2019 NDSU Football Roster by Class and Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    What are you thinking on why Hecht left? Also as far as the guard position being slim, wasn't it mentioned last year that Willis was seeing time at that position?
    Yeah I can't figure out Hecht AND Albrecht leaving the same year. Perhaps non football reasons for one or both of them but our depth at guard was already lacking in the talent department, just my opinion. With Volson likely taking over for one year before moving to RT in 2020, that starting RG spot was potentially open after this year.

Correct that I saw Willis get snaps at I believe LG in multiple games last year. Personally, I think Schreiber is really special from my amateur film opinion so it would make sense they put Willis to use at OG. Schreiber is my expected starting center for his final 2 years and might push Schoenning this year or next.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Yeah I can't figure out Hecht AND Albrecht leaving the same year. Perhaps non football reasons for one or both of them but our depth at guard was already lacking in the talent department, just my opinion. With Volson likely taking over for one year before moving to RT in 2020, that starting RG spot was potentially open after this year.

Correct that I saw Willis get snaps at I believe LG in multiple games last year. Personally, I think Schreiber is really special from my amateur film opinion so it would make sense they put Willis to use at OG. Schreiber is my expected starting center for his final 2 years and might push Schoenning this year or next.
    Alo would be in the mix at guard at 6-2. Any word on Cody Mauch? I remember hearing good things during his true freshman year; he was used as a 6th lineman a little last year, kinda like they used Bryce Messner during his junior year before he moved to guard and started as a senior.

G: Volson, Jensen, Willis, Zach Kubas, Alo, Mauch, Nohava, Jake Kubas
    C: Schoening, Willis, Schreiber

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many games did Albrecht see playing time? Was he the 3rd string right guard?

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I assume that Dom Izzo will post an NDSU depth chart this week. He posted one last year on March 19.

Dom Izzo tweeted: been working on an #NDSU football spring preview story for a bit, position by position. Will post at @inforum and the Bison Media Blog later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    I assume that Dom Izzo will post an NDSU depth chart this week. He posted one last year on March 19.
    Dom Izzo tweeted: been working on an #NDSU football spring preview story for a bit, position by position. Will post at @inforum and the Bison Media Blog later tonight.
    Hmmm. Coincidence or Rule #39?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Hmmm. Coincidence or Rule #39?
    Vet, since this is a story and not the NDSU football depth chart I don't think it is either one. I am not familiar with rule #39 so you will have to fill me in.

Vet, since this is a story and not the NDSU football depth chart I don't think it is either one. I am not familiar with rule #39 so you will have to fill me in.
    I missed the fact it was not the depth chart but just a preview story. Google Gibb's rules.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Alo would be in the mix at guard at 6-2. Any word on Cody Mauch? I remember hearing good things during his true freshman year; he was used as a 6th lineman a little last year, kinda like they used Bryce Messner during his junior year before he moved to guard and started as a senior.

G: Volson, Jensen, Willis, Zach Kubas, Alo, Mauch, Nohava, Jake Kubas
    C: Schoening, Willis, Schreiber
    I wish we had 20 or more OLinemen that we could rotate. Just can’t emphasize how important they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...the-2019-Bison

Dom Izzo's story, Izzo: The spring begins; a look at the 2019 Bison