Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NDSU Football Roster by Class and Depth Chart

Default Re: 2019 NDSU Football Roster by Class and Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    I am guessing Dom made a mistake when he mentioned Nash Jensen as a center. Last year, Chris Klieman said Nash was the probable 2019 starter at right guard. And Nash is listed as a guard on the official roster.
    I'd bet the house that Nash is a guard.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ross Uglem posted a spring football depth chart: https://twitter.com/bisonreport?lang=en&lang=en

Austin Avery was moved to fullback. Nash Jensen is the starting right guard. The quarterback position is open. Cordell Volson is not listed so he may be injured or not participating.

Entz is already talking about a true freshman playing right away at WR this fall. I would guess that will either by DJ Baptist or Jacob Lippe. It's too bad with the number of WRs on the roster that they're still having to pull shirts at that position. Hopefully with the young core at that position group they can start getting more (or all) of them redshirting to get a little more development out of the group as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Ross Uglem posted a spring football depth chart: https://twitter.com/bisonreport?lang=en&lang=en

Austin Avery was moved to fullback. Nash Jensen is the starting right guard. The quarterback position is open. Cordell Volson is not listed so he may be injured or not participating.
    Entz said at his press conference that Volson had offseason surgery and he hopes to have him back later in the spring.

Another interesting move is Jabril Cox moving from SLB to WLB. Entz said he thought that the WILL is tougher mentally than the SAM... sounds like he doesn't want Jabril to become complacent so he's going to challenge him to learn a new position.

Uglem's depth chart tweet: https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...09147748331521

Not that today's whole @BisonReport thread isn't worth reading.

Anyone remember what weight Ogbu came to NDSU at? 245 seems like he has put on a lot already

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    Anyone remember what weight Ogbu came to NDSU at? 245 seems like he has put on a lot already
    220 - https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...74325910425600

OR

231 - https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8196

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz is already talking about a true freshman playing right away at WR this fall. I would guess that will either by DJ Baptist or Jacob Lippe. It's too bad with the number of WRs on the roster that they're still having to pull shirts at that position. Hopefully with the young core at that position group they can start getting more (or all) of them redshirting to get a little more development out of the group as a whole.

Entz said at his press conference that Volson had offseason surgery and he hopes to have him back later in the spring.

Another interesting move is Jabril Cox moving from SLB to WLB. Entz said he thought that the WILL is tougher mentally than the SAM... sounds like he doesn't want Jabril to become complacent so he's going to challenge him to learn a new position.
    On signing day Entz spoke real highly of Braylon Henderson. He said he is a 10.6 guy and they plan on using him at slot receiver. DJ Baptist's tape is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Some teams were using 3 or 4 WR spread formations to get Jabril away from the LOS. I would guess that the WILL position will help keep Jabril closer to the action.

How bout move demitri Williams back to wr

Injury Notes:
    - Mercadel and Dom Davis are still rehabbing and will participate in individual stuff this spring. Sounded like both are expected to be ready for fall camp.
    - Cordell Volson is rehabbing after an offseason injury the nature of which wasn't mentioned. Mentioned that he hopes he can participate at the end of Spring Ball. That was a sigh of relief.

Other notable items:
    - Swapping Jabril to WLB since it is tougher and will challenge him. Make him a better overall player, etc. Later spoke to it allowing him to get the best 11 players on the field.
    - QB and C is an open battle.
    - He expects a freshman WR to have their redshirt pulled to help depth and needs Watson and Sproles to become leaders even at their young age.
    - Ben Ellefson might play some Fullback to once again get their best 11 on the field.
    - Expect a LOT of shuffling of OL during the offseason to find their best 5 combo. Other than Dillon and Zack they need to solve that puzzle.
    - Loves Karcz and kind of just said the rest of the DT group will need to battle and see who rises to the top.
    - Ogbu needs to work on flexibility and continue learning the game. The criticism was likely spurred by Dom asking how he is #2 on the depth now. Tempering expectations.

My thoughts:
    - Thank god Cordell is likely just fine.
    - Moving Jabril scares me a tad.
    - Moving Ellefson in spot duty actually excites me.
    - I am not worried about the OL much. Dillon, Zack, and Cordell should be locks. I like all 3 center options. Pick your best for the final guard spot. Develop the backups.
    - Our starting DEs are some big boys. 6'5 243 and 6'5 260. Damn.
    Rixen