Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 season tickets

Default Re: 2019 season tickets

We discussed this year’s ago, that I would have to win a lottery of 375 million in order to build a BISON DOME!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    We discussed this year’s ago, that I would have to win a lottery of 375 million in order to build a BISON DOME!
    At least according to the article that is for a "Middle-of the-road" stadium. We wouldn't have to go all CSU $ 220 million for a 41,500 stadium, but if it gets built build it right and not looking sterile and cheap.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If that banner keeps getting bigger they'll have to expand the Fargodome just so it doesn't touch the ground.

Lardsin must go!

Default 2019 season tickets

According to Wikipedia TCF Bank stadium was constructed in 2009 for $303M. Roughly $368M in 2018 dollars. They had a LARGE donation from the Mdewauketon Sioux nation to defray part of this cost. Of course this would have required all union labor and have the complications of logistics in a busy metro environment that likely inflated costs a bit.

Seating capacity is listed as 50,800 or so with expansion capability to 80k
    Don't believe everything you think.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

TCF is a jewel of a stadium and is the new standard for a P5 type stadium built from scratch so it's hard to compare it to whats needed in Fargo. Unfortunately for us we need a dome, especially if we plan to stay in FCS or are going to bet that the G5 eventually has a playoff that we can move up to. Hopefully ADML keeps cranking out facility projects and gets softball finished, the IPF built, the BSA situation fixed, and the track facilities finally up to snuff. Until the deck is cleared, we can't even pretend to turn our focus to Football's future home.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get your Tickets .... !

OUR TAKE: The national narrative surrounding the 2019 Bison is this team isn't going anywhere when it comes to the national title picture. Interestingly enough, the narrative in Fargo seems to be that people nationally are doubting the Bison. But we have yet to see anyone say NDSU is going to have a massive dropoff this year. Yes, HERO Sports ranked the Bison No. 2 in our preseason poll behind James Madison. In our predictive method of voting, that means we expect this team to return to Frisco despite all the new faces in the starting lineup and on the coaching staff. FCS 2019 PREVIEW: North Dakota State Football Still In Position To Win A National Title
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    TCF is a jewel of a stadium and is the new standard for a P5 type stadium built from scratch so it's hard to compare it to whats needed in Fargo. Unfortunately for us we need a dome, especially if we plan to stay in FCS or are going to bet that the G5 eventually has a playoff that we can move up to. Hopefully ADML keeps cranking out facility projects and gets softball finished, the IPF built, the BSA situation fixed, and the track facilities finally up to snuff. Until the deck is cleared, we can't even pretend to turn our focus to Football's future home.
    Let me just challenge the assumption that a roof is needed. Fargo is not that much colder than Minne. Are you saying the dome is needed in Fargo because the Bison tend to host games in December and the Gophers, don’t?
    Don't believe everything you think.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Let me just challenge the assumption that a roof is needed. Fargo is not that much colder than Minne. Are you saying the dome is needed in Fargo because the Bison tend to host games in December and the Gophers, don’t?
    Once you own a dishwasher you never go back to washing by hand, jus sayin'.

A dome is needed; a day or night in December; the goofs have a fan base which the Bison don't. Keep it indoors or you won't see my grandsons or me there in December. You can take your December outdoor football and shove it. Don't forget about Grandpa and Grandma Donor who don't like the cold.

I know I'll watch on TV if they move outdoors

Sept and some of OCt would be fine but playoffs would suck balls
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant