Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 season tickets

Default Re: 2019 season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Let me just challenge the assumption that a roof is needed. Fargo is not that much colder than Minne. Are you saying the dome is needed in Fargo because the Bison tend to host games in December and the Gophers, don’t?
    I dont find the thought of attending FB games in below freezing temperatures very appealing. I am sure it would kill a lot of fan attendance.

Plus I sure like the A/C during the early games.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 07-13-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Once you own a dishwasher you never go back to washing by hand, jus sayin'.
    Ha ha! But the Gophers did exactly that! Of course they moved back on campus with the same brush and I think that was huge.

I don’t know what their attendance looks like by week. If only there were a way to find out...
    Don't believe everything you think.

Ha ha! But the Gophers did exactly that! Of course they moved back on campus with the same brush and I think that was huge.

I don’t know what their attendance looks like by week. If only there were a way to find out...
    Month by month:
    September average 40,244 for three games---New Mexico St., Fresno, Miami Ohio.
    October average 40,236 for two games--Iowa, Indiana.
    November average 31,601 for two games---Purdue, NW. Last game on the 17th.
    Last edited by Vet70; 07-13-2019 at 11:57 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Month by month:
    September average 40,244 for three games---NewMexico St., Fresno, Miami Ohio.
    put NDSU on that list in Sept and they sell it out
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Month by month:
    September average 40,244 for three games---NewMexico St., Fresno, Miami Ohio.
    Nice work Vet. Obviously they draw on a large metro population with many alums but I wonder what those numbers would look like if they put an NDSU like product on the field. Maybe we’ll find out soon.

I drove up to Fargo every weekend last December since my ManCave2.0 project was not yet ready for prime time. I’m not sure I would have done that for the MSU and Colgate games if it was going to be topless but who knows? I get pretty rabid by the start of December...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fargo is just stupid cold. We need a dome. The old football highlights are great to look back on but I never want the game to be more decided by the weather than the product on the field.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Gophers were pretty excited to move to the Metrodome. Claimed it would help recruiting. I'm not sure if it did, but it does seem they took a step back when they moved into TCF.

Vet's numbers are deceiving because that was announced attendance. Actual butts in seats only averaged 22,656 for 2018. 5 out of 7 games were less than half capacity.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...all-attendance

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The Gophers were pretty excited to move to the Metrodome. Claimed it would help recruiting. I'm not sure if it did, but it does seem they took a step back when they moved into TCF.

Vet's numbers are deceiving because that was announced attendance. Actual butts in seats only averaged 22,656 for 2018. 5 out of 7 games were less than half capacity.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...all-attendance
    Well, "To Be Fair" () it wasn't "Vet's numbers" that were deceiving.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, "To Be Fair" () it wasn't "Vet's numbers" that were deceiving.
    You're right, poor wording on my part, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    You're right, poor wording on my part, sorry.
    Not a problem at all, just being a smart ass. The article you relied on was more accurate.
    Paul Fix