Thread: bison vs the mean streets of omaha

Default Re: bison vs the mean streets of omaha

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Last 11 mins of the game, we made 2 field goals....ouch

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    10:28 SUB OUT by GEU,DENG

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I agree, when your struggling shooting the ball offensively you go to your best post player in the paint. Rocky is a 3 point threat but he missed a bunch tonight. Did he even score in the paint. I know we went to him once down low and he got to the line.
    So Geu can get his pocket picked like he did tonight and most of the year. Yes, he makes some plays, but I think he is almost more of a detriment sometimes by holding on to the ball to long and turning the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It seems like we will have 1 good year every 4 under DR and the rest is used to rebuild. We cant put up with that.
    That good year was 1 year post Phillips. Where DR inherited a talent-rich team that was just simply that much better than everyone else.

It seems like we will have 1 good year every 4 under DR and the rest is used to rebuild. We cant put up with that.
    In his defense, and the Good Lord knows I don't come to his defense very often, I felt that way with Saul too. (Rightly or wrongly so.)

It is the Summit, there is no reason we shouldn't be on top or threatening the top team every year.

The problem with building for one good year every 4 or 5 is, what if that 'good' team doesn't make it? That's a 8 to 10 year drought.

No no no no
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    So Geu can get his pocket picked like he did tonight and most of the year. Yes, he makes some plays, but I think he is almost more of a detriment sometimes by holding on to the ball to long and turning the ball over.
    He had 10 points on 5-10 shooting and 6 boards, but he played his 20 mins and was pulled. There's no reason why he should have been pulled. Then Richman says the team lacked spirit, energy and joy. Shocker since the guy who brings the most of that was on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    He had 10 points on 5-10 shooting and 6 boards, but he played his 20 mins and was pulled. There's no reason why he should have been pulled. Then Richman says the team lacked spirit, energy and joy. Shocker since the guy who brings the most of that was on the bench.
    i agree twinsguy what a total cop out blame game--------news flash there is no spirit energy or joy when your in a scrap!!!! thats why they call it a scrap!!!! and thats what they were doing for 30 minutes of that game they were scrapping with the scrappiest team in the leage and beating them to boot--------bottom line dave blinked and went to his small ball positionless basketball bull-shit and they got beat by 15 down the stretch

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our team settled for the outside shot all game long and didn't have the heart to go mix it up in the paint. UNO doesn't play good enough defense that they couldn't have gotten into the paint but we decided to just hoist three's all game long. First 10 minutes we actually hit a few of them, last 30 minutes UGLY. There is only one guy on the roster that will consistently try and drive and tonight he didn't even do it much. Stop settling and take it at the defense. I mean we need to work on free throws anyways so why not get some practice in the game. 0 FT's in the first half backs up how much we settled for the outside shot.

I have heard Dave say several times and he said it again today in post game. He is not worried about results but rather how they attack the process. Well I hope he does not care about the result of him getting fired and he attacks the unemployment line hard. Man that guy is stubborn. Do the assistant coaches say anything to him?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Not going to argue with that. He needs to be quicker with his decisions when he gets the ball in the low post and recognize when the double is coming. That can be worked on. He actually looks much more comfortable when he can face up. He is easily our best option in the paint though and I am a firm believer that having a low post threat opens things up for shooters.