Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: bison vs the mean streets of omaha

Default Re: bison vs the mean streets of omaha

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    A player like Gue who has gotten yanked around for his entire career might come into the game and try to do too much at times. Might be some of his turnover issues, he is also asked to play out of position.

I think with a better coach, Deng would be a terror right now. Richman has wasted him, nobody in NDSU history has wasted more talent as a coach.
    I thought the same thing watching Geu today. But be careful. Some DR defenders on Bisonville will accuse you of being an armchair coach or AD, and that somehow makes any observations you have invalid.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

So we lost again?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So we lost again?
    By 8, with only two fg in last 11:19 of the game. But hey we two timeouts left so we got that going for us.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    By 8, with only two fg in last 11:19 of the game. But hey we two timeouts left so we got that going for us.
    Also going for us: DR saved Geu’s heavily logged minutes by not playing him the final 11 minutes.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I’m willing to bet it all that Geu’s +/- is better than anyone’s on the team.
    Well the players that played the final 11 were -15 and gue wasn't one of them but what kinda odds am I getting as I always enjoy a lil action (that's what she said)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    gettin down to the nitty gritty (copyright jack black nacho libre)-----------time to keep scrapin boys and GET GUE IN THERE
    https://youtu.be/hTd6gRNErEw

On a positive note, we could have (should have) won a game where Rocky and Tyson really struggled. Omaha is a good team but not having an inside prescence against Pile really hurt us. When Rocky is either unable or unwilling or coached to not play physical inside our offense is missing a key ingredient. He had 4 fouls but at least half of those were just reachy fouls and not physical. When he's not hitting 3's, we struggle. He was open a few times on screen and rolls/slip screens but Vinnie was slow to recognize.

As for Deng and getting double-teamed, it's on the coaching staff to fix this. Use the double-team to your advantage and dictate where the double is coming from for open looks. The double is coming so coach to it!
    Our first half offense has been pretty good recently but half-time and in-game adjustments have really cost us in the 2nd half against the better teams.
    We are close and we can do some damage at the tourney if we make some small adjustments. I hope we can make those adjustments but we'll see.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    On a positive note, we could have (should have) won a game where Rocky and Tyson really struggled. Omaha is a good team but not having an inside prescence against Pile really hurt us. When Rocky is either unable or unwilling or coached to not play physical inside our offense is missing a key ingredient. He had 4 fouls but at least half of those were just reachy fouls and not physical. When he's not hitting 3's, we struggle. He was open a few times on screen and rolls/slip screens but Vinnie was slow to recognize.

As for Deng and getting double-teamed, it's on the coaching staff to fix this. Use the double-team to your advantage and dictate where the double is coming from for open looks. The double is coming so coach to it!
    Our first half offense has been pretty good recently but half-time and in-game adjustments have really cost us in the 2nd half against the better teams.
    We are close and we can do some damage at the tourney if we make some small adjustments. I hope we can make those adjustments but we'll see.
    Everything you talked about requires coaching adjustments. We don’t do that. Sure wish we did.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.