Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summit League Tournament

Default Re: 2019 Summit League Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Apart from team performance, this says something about the Summit League. I used to be pro-MVC. Not so much anymore. I'd prefer to be in an FBS conference, but if that's not going to happen, I've come around now to staying in the Summit League. But the Summit League needs to step up. Bringing Augie in isn't going to generate conference-wide excitement. Summit presidents should get over themselves and bring in GCU. Maybe aggressively go after NMSU as a partner. Waive entrance fees if you have to. Let's look west and bring in some decent, interesting teams.
    Let's have the SL tourney in Minneapolis/St. Paul...…...find a facility with 8 to 12 thousand seats. No more home court advantage for the SD schools; it is close enough in terms of driving distance for half of the Summit League schools (not exactly equal, but within a couple of hundred miles.....throw out PFW, ORU, WIU, and Denver...…...they don't bring 50 fans to SF anyway. Bison fans in the metro area would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Let's have the SL tourney in Minneapolis/St. Paul...…...find a facility with 8 to 12 thousand seats. No more home court advantage for the SD schools; it is close enough in terms of driving distance for half of the Summit League schools (not exactly equal, but within a couple of hundred miles.....throw out PFW, ORU, WIU, and Denver...…...they don't bring 50 fans to SF anyway. Bison fans in the metro area would show up.
    I like this idea. It's actually easier for the likes of Denver and others to get to the tourney, because it is essentially a hub to fly into. We still need to add interesting teams to the league, especially since we appear incapable of finding non-conference foes worth playing.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I've wanted that forever, Rabbit fans will go into depression though since they can't pat themselves on the back for driving 10 miles. The tournament in SF is all they have, it is their precious.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It's staying in SF for awhile. Has become our conferences mini Arch Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It's staying in SF for awhile. Has become our conferences mini Arch Madness.
    Don't disrespect Arch Madness like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve always wondered how the tourney would do in Fargo.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Keep wondering because it will not be here anytime soon. Sioux Falls is home for now and future for awhile.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I've wanted that forever, Rabbit fans will go into depression though since they can't pat themselves on the back for driving 10 miles. The tournament in SF is all they have, it is their precious.
    Show up. The tourney is annually in the top 10 in attendance. NDSU earns revenue from it and gets exposure even though no one in green shows up. Move it to Minneapolis and Bison fans will still find a reason not to go. I live 15 hours from Sioux Falls, my guess is I've been to more tourneys then you, even when SDSU were not a 1 or 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Show up. The tourney is annually in the top 10 in attendance. NDSU earns revenue from it and gets exposure even though no one in green shows up. Move it to Minneapolis and Bison fans will still find a reason not to go. I live 15 hours from Sioux Falls, my guess is I've been to more tourneys then you, even when SDSU were not a 1 or 2 seed.
    15-20,000 NDSU alumni live in the Twin Cities metro...hundreds live in the SF metro.

I've been to four tournaments, probably won't go to anymore since my current job makes it difficult to to take that much time off and I am not spending vacation days in Sioux Falls in March. It is easier to go to Frisco, flown there and back with taking one day off.

I will be honest if the SF tournament had an Arch Madness format I wouldn't ever complain, in fact I would say there would be no excuse since it would be simple to attend games Friday-Sunday.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    That would be nice. But the question with that is where do we have it here? Scheels Arena could be a possibility but that size seems like it would be better for a D-2 tournament. The dome is awful for basketball.