Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didn't realize this

Default Re: Didn't realize this

Seems like it’s almost even in percent of losses in games at the dome, versus games on road or neutral sites (if you want to call Frisco neutral). 5 losses at dome in 68 games since 2011 (7.4%) vs 3 losses in 44 games on road and neutral in same period (6.8%), if I have counted on my toes correctly and read the results correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    Seems like it’s almost even in percent of losses in games at the dome, versus games on road or neutral sites (if you want to call Frisco neutral). 5 losses at dome in 68 games since 2011 (7.4%) vs 3 losses in 44 games on road and neutral in same period (6.8%), if I have counted on my toes correctly and read the results correctly.
    The road record is that much more impressive when you factor in the FBS games.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU sometimes (imo, unfairly) gets crap for getting so many home playoff games.

In this decade, NDSU has played 25 home games in the playoffs vs 2 away games.

What I've never heard anybody mention is that in the same time period, Eastern Washington has gotten 17 home games vs 0 away games.

Not really making a point, just supplying information.
    Another Point . . . There has been only 1 playoff game in the DI era where NDSU played at home and did so as an AT-Large team that outbid the other team to be able to host. (Name the team that we out-bid?) Bobby-Mo, 2010

All other home playoff games were based on earning home games being a top 8 seed (usually a 1,2 or 3 seed), where financial bids do not come into play. Our Griz brothers to the west have made a living getting home playoff games via the bid process.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Another Point . . . There has been only 1 playoff game in the DI era where NDSU played at home and did so as an AT-Large team that outbid the other team to be able to host. (Name the team that we out-bid?) Bobby-Mo, 2010
    Not to mention that Robert Morris wouldn't have gotten a home game if they seeded the entire bracket anyway. Robert Morris was unranked due to losing to Bryant in their last game. NDSU (somehow) was ranked #21 in the Coaches Poll and #25 in the media poll.

It's kind of like the D2 era when people were saying (and probably are still saying) that NDSU only won so many championships because NDSU "bought" home field advantage. First, I'd challenge the people who say that to pick out a single game where NDSU should have been on the road. Second, it ignores the fact that for many years the playoffs were seeded.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU sometimes (imo, unfairly) gets crap for getting so many home playoff games.

In this decade, NDSU has played 25 home games in the playoffs vs 2 away games.

What I've never heard anybody mention is that in the same time period, Eastern Washington has gotten 17 home games vs 0 away games.

Not really making a point, just supplying information.
    NDSU earned those playoff home games. If the rest of the FCS want to cry about it have them go undefeated or = your regular season and playoff victories!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison