Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't realize this

Default Didn't realize this

NDSU sometimes (imo, unfairly) gets crap for getting so many home playoff games.

In this decade, NDSU has played 25 home games in the playoffs vs 2 away games.

What I've never heard anybody mention is that in the same time period, Eastern Washington has gotten 17 home games vs 0 away games.

Not really making a point, just supplying information.

Default Re: Didn't realize this

They get crap for earning it?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I think the aggravating (not to us, to everybody else) factor is that the Fargodome is such a huge advantage and contributes to all the success in the playoffs. The same thing cannot be said for EWU.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU sometimes (imo, unfairly) gets crap for getting so many home playoff games.

In this decade, NDSU has played 25 home games in the playoffs vs 2 away games.

What I've never heard anybody mention is that in the same time period, Eastern Washington has gotten 17 home games vs 0 away games.

Not really making a point, just supplying information.
    If Eastern had a run of natties it would be a topic of discussion. In FCS football if you dont win it all you might as well have not even played. I mean even with the Bison...when we lost in 2016 we were relevant because the streak ended but now that JMU has fallen off its like that game doesnt even exist.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    They get crap for earning it?
    Logical people understand the concept. Its the folks that cant come to terms with the way a reward system works that are bitching.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I think the aggravating (not to us, to everybody else) factor is that the Fargodome is such a huge advantage and contributes to all the success in the playoffs. The same thing cannot be said for EWU.
    At this point, is the Fargodome THAT much of an advantage now? Like are we surprising any teams at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    At this point, is the Fargodome THAT much of an advantage now? Like are we surprising any teams at this point?
    Most team are not bothered by the noise. Look at our last game in the dome. We had more false starts than the opponent.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Boy, I don’t know. That red turf is pretty annoying …

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Most team are not bothered by the noise. Look at our last game in the dome. We had more false starts than the opponent.
    The false starts aren't where the advantage is. Its the d-line knowing the snap count the entire game. Its the opposing offense not being able to audible or at least audible as easily the whole game. And for the first timers, its never having been in an environment like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    The false starts aren't where the advantage is. Its the d-line knowing the snap count the entire game. Its the opposing offense not being able to audible or at least audible as easily the whole game. And for the first timers, its never having been in an environment like that before.
    And also having to spend precious practice time preparing for the potential of noise, so that it doesn't become an actual in-game disadvantage to you. An opponent may appear to do a good job handling the noise from a false start standpoint or in other ways, but what was that team NOT able to put into it's game plan because it was spending time on dealing with the noise.

I would guess most coaches, if they were completely candid, would say that the Fargo Dome is still a big advantage. I think they now mostly use the coach-speak phrase in their press conferences "It is/was a great college football environment." I take that as code for "This place still offers huge advantages to the home team and we had trouble dealing with it."