Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2/16 vs SDSU

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2/16 vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Richman blew a 17 point lead. It wouldn't have come down to the play if (insert whatever you want) but it did.

17 points.

Real stupid shit... but 17 points.
    Blame the coach, typical.
    Look, I'm not a fan of Dave either but basketball is a game of runs. I knew the Jacks were going to make their run and they did. We ran some clock with our lead and lost some of our aggressiveness offensively. It wasn't a bad strategy. Jacks got back in the game at the FT line. If we would have stayed aggressive and missed shots early in the possessions people would bitch about that too.
    I spent a decade coaching this game. Any time I lost a close one I would 2nd guess myself. That's typical but the fact is, if our players made their free throws or if Jenkins prayer clanged off the backboard we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    That being said, I don't think Dave is the answer but give him credit where credit is due. This team is playing hard and with energy, they don't turn the ball over as much and they rebound. A huge improvement from last year.
    Last edited by semobison; 02-20-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Richman blew a 17 point lead. It wouldn't have come down to the play if (insert whatever you want) but it did.

17 points.

Real stupid shit... but 17 points.
    As I said similar in an earlier post ……..

TJ Otzelberger (the SDSU's head coach) gave NDSU a 17 point lead. It wouldn't have come down to needing a half court basket if (insert whatever YOU want) but it did.

17 points.

Real stupid shit... but he let NDSU have a 17 point lead.

Look, we get it, Dave is not really getting the benefit of the doubt from anybody. He brought a lot of it on himself. But, you're just playing a very subjective semantic game here because you feel EVERYTHING now should be blamed on Richman. It's classic mob mentality, I get it. Yes, Dave's got plenty to answer for in many aspects (IMHO), but that fact is, Bison players just didn't execute in the last 2 minutes of this game. Let's at least try to be objective about things.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    And it wouldn't have if Ward or Rocky make their free throws. Some real stupid shit on this thread. Jenkins misses and we are having a whole different discussion!
    And it's the same old stupid shit over and over.

The loss was a team loss, everyone had a hand in it. It was beyond just Richman, while I'm not happy with his coaching in general...you could point to multiple breakdowns(missed free throws, turnovers, defensive breakdowns, bad breaks, etc) leading to losing that lead.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The loss was a team loss, everyone had a hand in it. It was beyond just Richman, while I'm not happy with his coaching in general...you could point to multiple breakdowns(missed free throws, turnovers, defensive breakdowns, bad breaks, etc) leading to losing that lead.
    When Ward stepped to the FT line with a four point lead I was pretty sure we had the game in hand. From that point on everything that had to go right for the Jacks to win did. Ward misses the front end, Daum hits a very tough 3, Rocky misses the back end of a 1-1, Jenkins throws in a prayer. The odds were on our side but the basketball gods were not. We had better odds of winning by 6 or even 8 than the Jacks had at winning. Some say that is the beauty of the game...unless it's your team that's left wondering...what just happened there?