Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Dakota State Dual

Default Re: South Dakota State Dual

Some rough spots tonight, but hard to complain when the team crushes the Bunnies by 21.

Fogarty looked fantastic. Van Maanen wrestled really well and should feel great about the B12 tourney. Weber wrestled incredibly well for 6 minutes. Metz did a great job of battling back from a big hole. Eaton, De La Riva, and Fleetwood were solid. Congrats to Degen on his first dual win and good job on his feet tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Did the NDSU get the traveling bell trophy afterwards? I didn't see it on the webcast. I know it was something special for Bono and Reader when they introduced it a few years back.
    They did. My favorite part was it looked like a certain light weight didn't anticipate how heavy it was going to be and Big Dan had to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I don't know. PaBizon was closest to the final score, but GladiatorDad picked every match correctly. Geez, when was the last time you saw a defensive fall called that fast?
    Thanks, ever now and then I get it right LOL

Great Dual last night. I thought the officiating was a bit underpar for two Big XII Teams in a rival dual. I think there were 5 -7 chanllenges with all but 2 getting overturned on review. VanMaan had that match taken from him for sure but now he knows he can wrestle with some of the better wrestlers. Clay lost a match the same way his redshirt freshman year as well, as the case with Clay lesson learned.
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 02-16-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Thank you to the seniors that were recognized on Friday too.
    Nico- Started as a true freshman and started in all three seasons where he didn't redshirt.
    Gilseth- Never started but stuck with it while going to school for mechanical engineering. Improved from 1-17 as a freshman to 9-13 this year.
    Urbach- Was a starter at both Minnesota (1 year) and NDSU (2 years). Went 2-2 each year he competed at the Big 12 tournament.
    Popp- Never afraid to go upper body and always active. Fun guy to watch who wrestled from 165-197, even though he is probably best suited at 174. Was a primary starter last year.
    McNutt- Primary starter for three and a half years. Had two wins over NCAA qualifiers and my favorite match was when he beat Martin Mueller in the SDSU dual.
    Fleetwood- Hopefully he can cap his year off with a Big 12 title and All American honors.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Thank you to the seniors that were recognized on Friday too.
    Nico- Started as a true freshman and started in all three seasons where he didn't redshirt.
    Gilseth- Never started but stuck with it while going to school for mechanical engineering. Improved from 1-17 as a freshman to 9-13 this year.
    Urbach- Was a starter at both Minnesota (1 year) and NDSU (2 years). Went 2-2 each year he competed at the Big 12 tournament.
    Popp- Never afraid to go upper body and always active. Fun guy to watch who wrestled from 165-197, even though he is probably best suited at 174. Was a primary starter last year.
    McNutt- Primary starter for three and a half years. Had two wins over NCAA qualifiers and my favorite match was when he beat Martin Mueller in the SDSU dual.
    Fleetwood- Hopefully he can cap his year off with a Big 12 title and All American honors.
    Yes, thanks to all.

I'm guessing that SDSU and Wisconsin aren't gonna schedule each other any time soon.

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...ransfer-portal

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I'm guessing that SDSU and Wisconsin aren't gonna schedule each other any time soon.

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...ransfer-portal
    From my understanding after talking about it with our Communications Department, if Seth gets his sixth year, he will be a grad transfer. My guess, the new SDSU staff knew this could be a possibility when they took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default South Dakota State Dual

[QUOTE=Christopher Moen;1340634]From my understanding after talking about it with our Communications Department, if Seth gets his sixth year, he will be a grad transfer. My guess, the new SDSU staff knew this could be a possibility when they took over.

Never mind ...
    Last edited by CAS4127; 03-06-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.