Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota State Dual

Default South Dakota State Dual

Heading up to Fargo this weekend to see NDSU v SDSU. With SDSU noticeably having a down year I don't think this dual will be all that close.

125 Fleetwood by MDEC over Gregory Coapstick 4-0 NDSU

133 Sykora by MDEC over Rylee Molitor 8-0 NDSU

141 Degen by DEC over Aric Williams 11-0 NDSU (this one is a bit of a toss up but I will go with Degen)

149 Van Maanen by DEC over Pohlmeyer 14-0 NDSU (this one on paper I would say favors Pohlmeyer but I have a feeling Van Maanen comes through, One of my anticipated matches)

157 Weber by DEC over Colten Carlson 17-0 NDSU (Weber has the skills to make this one a major but Carlson is tough to wrestle)

165 Fogarty by DEC over Logan Peterson 20-0 NDSU

174 De La Riva by DEC over Brett Bye 23-0 NDSU

184 Zac Carlson by DEC over Otomo 23-3 NDSU (I hope I'm dead wrong here I would love for this to be a clean sweep by the Bison)

197 Eaton by DEC over Martin Mueller 26-3 NDSU

285 Metz by MDEC overBlake Wolters 30-3 NDSU ( I will take Big Dan in this one as well if he gets the chance to go out there)

Rabbits are down this year and I hate to kick a Rabbit when they're down, who am I kidding no I don't. I think Coach Hahn will have them back being competative soon but he didn't get dealt the bast hand when he took over so I think this one is going to be a tough one for the Rabbits.

Default Re: South Dakota State Dual

Moorhead native Sam Grove has been getting a lot of starts for SDSU and I expect to see him at 174 (most likely here) or 197.

SDSU national champion Seth Gross is out for the year and will likely be granted a medical redshirt. The big question and rumor is, whether he'll use that last year at SDSU, or if we'll see him at Wisconsin.

SDSU has a redshirt (Tanner Sloan) at 197 who would be ranked in the top ten nationally and I would pick him to AA this year. He only had interest from one D1 school, and that was SDSU. Kid is going to be outstanding.

I think Williams beats Degen, but I think Taylor Nein would beat Williams at 141. I really think Sutton would've had a good shot at qualifying for NCAAs at 141.

125- Fall NDSU
    133- Tech NDSU
    141- Dec SDSU (Toss up)
    149- Dec SDSU (JVM is capable of winning this)
    157- Dec NDSU (I think this will be a very close one)
    165- Dec NDSU (Again, I think this is closer than anticipated)
    174- Maj NDSU
    184- Dec SDSU (Carlson is really good)
    197- Forfeit NDSU (Mueller hasn't been healthy and I wouldn't expect to see him until the B12 tourney)
    HWT- Dec NDSU

30-9 NDSU
    Last edited by Big Bird; 02-12-2019 at 11:53 PM.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

125 ndsu 6
    133 ndsu 5
    141 sdsu 3
    149 sdsu 3
    157 ndsu 3
    165 ndsu 4
    174 ndsu 3
    184 sdsu 4
    197 ndsu 3
    hwt ndsu 6

ndsu 30
    sdsu 10
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

I hope we roll them.

125- Fall NDSU
    133- Tech NDSU
    141- Dec SDSU
    149- Fall NDSU
    157- Dec NDSU
    165- Dec NDSU
    174- Maj NDSU
    184- Dec SDSU
    197- Forfeit NDSU
    HWT- Dec NDSU

36-6 NDSU

My prediction system based on dual meet scores says the Bison should win by 17. I'm afraid the Jacks have dropped by over 20 points from the end of last season, and only Edinboro has fallen by more. We actually have climbed by 7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    125 ndsu 6
    133 ndsu 5
    141 sdsu 3
    149 sdsu 3
    157 ndsu 3
    165 ndsu 4
    174 ndsu 3
    184 sdsu 4
    197 ndsu 3
    hwt ndsu 6

ndsu 30
    sdsu 10
    NDSU wins 31-10. Got any lottery number predictions?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU wins 31-10. Got any lottery number predictions?
    I don't know. PaBizon was closest to the final score, but GladiatorDad picked every match correctly. Geez, when was the last time you saw a defensive fall called that fast?

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I don't know. PaBizon was closest to the final score, but GladiatorDad picked every match correctly. Geez, when was the last time you saw a defensive fall called that fast?
    Agree that G Dad Predicting the matches was more impressive. Also agree that the pin was called way too quickly. Officiating in general was bad with some lengthy reviews.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I had something similar done to me in the Minnesota State Tournament (team) back in 1995. I was sitting on a near-side cradle waiting for the first period to end and have a 5-0 lead against the #1 Ranked guy at that weight. Out of nowhere I hear the official counting again and at around two, he slaps the mat. I got up confused because I knew from where I was positioned, I couldn't pin the guy and told the official he wasn't pinned. He told me I was correct, but that I had pinned myself.

In regards to Van Maanen pinning himself, I'm not so sure I've seen offensive falls called that fast. From what I could see, it looked like as soon as the official jumped into position and saw the shoulders flat, he immediately called the fall. Terrible experience for Van Maanen, especially in a match that would of helped his ranking, but it is a learning experience for both him and the team.

Saw some really good aggressive wrestling from Weber and Metz. I would like to see them both finish a bit stronger as the scores in their matches didn't really show how dominate they were. Loved seeing Weber using the sky hook. Ryan Wolters was really effective with that 20 years ago.

Did the NDSU get the traveling bell trophy afterwards? I didn't see it on the webcast. I know it was something special for Bono and Reader when they introduced it a few years back.
    Hail the BISON!!!