Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball Attendance

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Men's Basketball Attendance

gonna take more than 4 in a row for me to get back on board, I feel Larson will not fire DR this year regardless of outcome. Gut Feeling

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    gonna take more than 4 in a row for me to get back on board, I feel Larson will not fire DR this year regardless of outcome. Gut Feeling
    That's what my gut is telling me too and it's a big mistake.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    That's what my gut is telling me too and it's a big mistake.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    agree, Larson has yet to show he can be a leader and have the balls to can someone, nice guys don't make good bosses/leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Especially when the 4 in a row have a combined conference record of 14-32 and include the three worst teams in the conference. As of right now, it's very clear NDSU is the #4 team in the Summit. So far, NDSU has no wins versus the top three teams(3 chances left, 2 home, 1 away). Personally, if the Bison lose before the Summit championship game, I'd definitely move on. A Summit championship appearance or win, flip a coin(base it on other factors - 1 year extension regardless). An NCAA win, 2 year extension. But I don't have to make these decisions and that's a good thing for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Especially when the 4 in a row have a combined conference record of 14-32 and include the three worst teams in the conference. As of right now, it's very clear NDSU is the #4 team in the Summit. So far, NDSU has no wins versus the top three teams(3 chances left, 2 home, 1 away). Personally, if the Bison lose before the Summit championship game, I'd definitely move on. A Summit championship appearance or win, flip a coin(base it on other factors - 1 year extension regardless). An NCAA win, 2 year extension. But I don't have to make these decisions and that's a good thing for everyone.

FOOLS GOLD this 4 game win streak is... maybe ORU will be a Win too.

at best NDSU still finishes around .500 for a D1 Record and lose 1st round to ORU at Summit League.

Attendence is down, because Richman's "brand" of basketball is a snooze fest, i have front row seats and have been to 2 games, and cant give away my tickets to others. people want fast paced, crisp passing in a fast break style **watch Texas tech with Matt Mooney..so fun to watch**
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Firing a coach over the results of one season or worse, the results of 3 games in March this year, is a mistake no matter who the AD & Coach are. Obviously there has been a general downward trend in the past 4 years with on court results, game/player management, player development, fan/student attendance, & community involvement/excitement. That is what Larson should be looking at.

I understand that the the season before DR took over, NDSU was one win away from being in the Sweet Sixteen and that's hardly fair to expect all of the time. But expectations should be higher than what has occurred in the past couple of years. Something needs to spark some life back into this program/fanbase/student body. NDSU basketball finally has the division 1 facilities that it lacked since the move up. It's time to stop making excuses.

You hardly ever see college coaches sign a 1 or 2 year extension at the expiration of their current contract. They're either let go or signed for 4 years. I think the reason is it's hurts recruiting to have a coach with such a lukewarm vote of confidence.

Kudos to Richman for making the decision a bit tougher these last couple weeks but I still think Larsen's mind is/should be made up. IMO nothing short of a SL Tourney championship saves Richman's bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Firing a coach over the results of one season or worse, the results of 3 games in March this year, is a mistake no matter who the AD & Coach are. Obviously there has been a general downward trend in the past 4 years with on court results, game/player management, player development, fan/student attendance, & community involvement/excitement. That is what Larson should be looking at.

I understand that the the season before DR took over, NDSU was one win away from being in the Sweet Sixteen and that's hardly fair to expect all of the time. But expectations should be higher than what has occurred in the past couple of years. Something needs to spark some life back into this program/fanbase/student body. NDSU basketball finally has the division 1 facilities that it lacked since the move up. It's time to stop making excuses.
    It's all hypothetical obviously but if Richman takes a seniorless team to a Summit League tournament championship (which would be at or near 20 wins by that point) you'd be pretty hard pressed to call it a downward trend. All the issues you're referring to are cured by winning, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's all hypothetical obviously but if Richman takes a seniorless team to a Summit League tournament championship (which would be at or near 20 wins by that point) you'd be pretty hard pressed to call it a downward trend. All the issues you're referring to are cured by winning, it's that simple.
    If they win out (maybe even lose close in the SL Champ) then DR maybe deserves to stay. the chances of that happening are .5% at best

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Attendance numbers for NDSU Men's Basketball since moving into the SHAC.

2016-17: (13 games) Average home attendance: 3,833.

2017-18: (14 games) Average home attendance: 2,757.

2018-19: (through 9 games) Average home attendance: 2,099.
    Even if we figure 5,000 for the next 5 games (not sure so I just used 5) you still only average 3,100 some and we all know that isn't going to happen except for SDSU game.

I have season tickets and haven't used one yet, generally now I can only give them away for free if I can find someone to take them (I haven't tried at all this year as there is absolutely no "excitement" about NDSU bball right now). Highly debating taking the route others have here and dropping them... haven't decided 100% yet though as I've been bball season ticket holder longer than football by 1 year.

I didn't even really check the schedule this year how are they laid out? I know past couple years they were odd ball times all the time seems they're a bit more "organized" this year.