Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball Attendance

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Men's Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Now this is pathetic. Just when I started to wonder if I've been too negative, this post helps me realize that I've been correct all along. When the fans must hope for the day that a single player leaves SDSU before we have a shot at anything, that's when the program has evidently sunk into the mud. Dammit, we're NDSU. By now, after a couple of NCAA tourney bids and a stated goal of being a mid-major powerhouse, we shouldn't be afraid of SDSU because of Daum. We should have an answer for Daum. And for every other good team that has exceptional players. This "I'm excited for next year" bullshit is unacceptable. Next has come and gone. Twice. Expect more, please.
    We do have an answer for Daum. He's only allowed to play 19 minutes a game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    We do have an answer for Daum. He's only allowed to play 19 minutes a game though.
    Lol. You captured my original post. I edited the post down to a softer tone. Same point though.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    But what if the product on the floor is what's keeping people away?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    There is nothing wrong with the product on the floor. They are giving their all and playing together like a team. I know everybody at the game today enjoyed watching Vinnie and his teammates. How can you not enjoy watching them, they've won what, 4 in a row?

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the product on the floor. They are giving their all and playing together like a team. I know everybody at the game today enjoyed watching Vinnie and his teammates. How can you not enjoy watching them, they've won what, 4 in a row?
    I don't think most people are questioning the players. It's the utilization of the players, playing time, situational coaching, etc. that has been called into question over the past couple of years. I'm very excited about the young talent that has been brought in since last year. NDSU is more athletic than it has been in the past couple of years. However it's the player development and in game coaching that has been questioned and rightfully so.

Now this is sad. Just when I started to wonder if I've been too negative, this post helps me realize that I've been correct all along. When the fans must hope for the day that a single player leaves SDSU before we have a shot at anything, that's when the program has evidently sunk into the mud. Dammit, we're NDSU. By now, after a couple of NCAA tourney bids and a stated goal of being a mid-major powerhouse, we shouldn't be afraid of SDSU because of Daum. We should have an answer for Daum. And for every other good team that has exceptional players. "I'm excited for next year" doesn't work for me. Next has come and gone. Twice. Expect more, please.
    Naw. I just wanted to say Daumless Turds.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I don't think most people are questioning the players. It's the utilization of the players, playing time, situational coaching, etc. that has been called into question over the past couple of years. I'm very excited about the young talent that has been brought in since last year. NDSU is more athletic than it has been in the past couple of years. However it's the player development and in game coaching that has been questioned and rightfully so.
    It's only being questioned by some. Yes, every team and every coach in the Summit League can be questioned at times. The product that NDSU basketball is providing has been and is better than a majority of the teams in the Summit. There is a lot more to a basketball program than in-game coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Ok. If your cool with finishing in the middle of the Summit for the next x years that's fine. Any excitement about this team ever winning a game against good comoituin disappeared years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Attendance numbers for NDSU Men's Basketball since moving into the SHAC.

2016-17: (13 games) Average home attendance: 3,833.

2017-18: (14 games) Average home attendance: 2,757.

2018-19: (through 9 games) Average home attendance: 2,099.

Could this ever happen to football if they started losing?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Could this ever happen to football if they started losing?
    Whaddya mean? We haven't started losing and it's already happened.

Now this is sad. Just when I started to wonder if I've been too negative, this post helps me realize that I've been correct all along. When the fans must hope for the day that a single player leaves SDSU before we have a shot at anything, that's when the program has evidently sunk into the mud. Dammit, we're NDSU. By now, after a couple of NCAA tourney bids and a stated goal of being a mid-major powerhouse, we shouldn't be afraid of SDSU because of Daum. We should have an answer for Daum. And for every other good team that has exceptional players. "I'm excited for next year" doesn't work for me. Next has come and gone. Twice. Expect more, please.
    I wanted to take a shot at this in a little more serious manner. You make it sound like we are a perenial power. Yes, going to the tourney three times is nice. We string together some talent every onece in a while and roll the dice and see what happens. The squad we have this year will have one more year to gel and we get some folks back from injury. Maybe we even get a surprise freshman. Its happened before. And yes, the conference gets a bit easier as well. That bodes well for maybe a first round win. Just maybe. Right now, this program catches lightning in a bottle every few years and it is fun when it happens.