Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 vs Denver Pioneers

Default Re: 2/9 vs Denver Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hey we won again
    Indeed. My view about Richman and the overall trajectory of NDSU basketball hasn't changed. But the chip on my shoulder has started to wobble a little bit. 7-4 in the conference is respectable. As a bonus, we swept UND this year. If somehow we beat SDSU next week, I may have to come back off the ledge for a bit. Now, I don't think we will beat SDSU. But if we did, and presumably beat ORU along the way, I'd have something to wrestle with. On the other hand, if we get curb-stomped by SDSU like UND just did, then I'll be raising hell as always. We've got to be competitive against good teams...something we haven't really demonstrated yet this season.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Vinnie Shahid continues to impress me. He is a talent for sure. Bison men are going to be really good next year.

Took care of business and got the home win. Vinnie was an absolute stud tonight. For those who don't think this team has a leader, watch this game and tell me it isnt Vinnie. Vinne went for 27 pts 7asts and 5 rebounds, pretty impressive. Was nice to also see Tyree Eady flash tonight, by far his best game in a bison uniform. Denver clearly wanted to take Deng Geu out of the game and they were successful. Deng was never able to get into a rhythm and found himself in foul trouble. Getting zero points from Geu and still winning by double digits, kudos to the team for stepping up.

Lastly, after watching todays game its evident to me that this team is having fun and enjoying playing with each other. The bench is engaged throughout the game and everyone seems to have accepted their roles. Now certainly winning is a key ingredient to that but I just dont see issues with attitude or team chemistry.

3 homes games remain, 2 against the top 2 teams in the league. The bison have positioned themselves nicely, now we need to protect the home court.

Fun game to be at. Before half Vinnie signaled the crowd to pump it up an they responded.

The ability to drive the lane and get to the free throw line helped us avoid a scoring drought which has hurt us in the past. Vinnie and Eady were both great. Confidence seems to be improving every game. Nice win.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Lastly, after watching todays game its evident to me that this team is having fun and enjoying playing with each other. The bench is engaged throughout the game and everyone seems to have accepted their roles. Now certainly winning is a key ingredient to that but I just dont see issues with attitude or team chemistry.
    I've thought the same thing for most of the season. The Bison are a team that is together. Although according to all of the experts and coaches on this board that can't be the case.

With Vinnie this team finally has some who I would be comfortable saying here is the ball go win the game. It is and should be Vinnies team.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I've thought the same thing for most of the season. The Bison are a team that is together. Although according to all of the experts and coaches on this board that can't be the case.
    This is completely incorrect on the perception of the current state of the NDSU basketball fanbase. The team does seem more together and more talented than the past couple of years. It's the management of the talent that has resulted in multiple threads questioning the basketball team's direction.

We beat the teams we should beat, that is a sign we have talent. Things get a bit more dicey when we are playing teams with similar or better talent, which is where coaching can be called into question. Been a while since we had a legit win, Richman has some opportunities to change that.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We beat the teams we should beat, that is a sign we have talent. Things get a bit more dicey when we are playing teams with similar or better talent, which is where coaching can be called into question. Been a while since we had a legit win, Richman has some opportunities to change that.
    Ignoring the coaching speculation for a moment.

Next season, if you give me this entire roster + Noah Christensen + Deng Gue playing 30+ a game... You have my complete and undivided attention.