Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2/9 vs Denver Pioneers

Default Re: 2/9 vs Denver Pioneers

When I was on my way to Mo State game I stayed in Omaha. A girls BB team was checking in and when their coach saw my bison bag he came over and introduced himself. He was Vinnie’s coach before Vinnie transferred and he started coaching girls. Vinnie is everything he said he would be. He said he was a leader.
    I like him and Eady on the floor at the same time. They add a little excitement.
    I was disappointed in the crowd. I was happy to get out after the storm and it was Pizza Day!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Real shot at the 2 seed

Vinnie Shahid has proven over this 4 game win streak that he's the straw that stirs the drink. Man has that guy stepped up big time. I'm also super impressed with Tyree Eady. I was critical of him earlier in the year but he's become so much more comfortable on the offensive end... it's really good to see. Rocky was huge in that 2nd half stretch when Denver was making a run with two 3s and an old-fashioned 3 point play. All in all it was nice to see some fire and emotion out there from the players... almost looked like a different team psychologically from the last home game 3 weeks ago.

And now for my (continued) gripe. Down the stretch they played with Eady and Griesel as their biggest guys on the court (both Geu and Kreuser on the bench) so don't tell me they can't play Geu and Kreuser together because they're absolutely SOL if both get in foul trouble. Like Denver most SL teams don't have a true back-to-the-basket threat so in the unlikely event that they both get in foul trouble you can steal some minutes by going ultra small.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Real shot at the 2 seed
    We'll see. Over these next 2 weeks things will shake out. NDSU gets SDSU and Omaha at home. SDSU goes on the road to Omaha and NDSU along with getting Fort Wayne at home. Omaha gets SDSU and Fort Wayne at home and goes to NDSU. Fort Wayne has to go to SDSU and Omaha (they also have NDSU at home to close out the regular season).

If NDSU holds serve at home against Omaha and SDSU, which is a tall order, they could find themselves only a game out of first by the time 2/22 rolls around. I'll believe it when I see it though. The Bison weren't competitive at Omaha or SDSU so it's going to take a lot of home cooking to get a win over either of them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Vinnie Shahid has proven over this 4 game win streak that he's the straw that stirs the drink. Man has that guy stepped up big time. I'm also super impressed with Tyree Eady. I was critical of him earlier in the year but he's become so much more comfortable on the offensive end... it's really good to see. Rocky was huge in that 2nd half stretch when Denver was making a run with two 3s and an old-fashioned 3 point play. All in all it was nice to see some fire and emotion out there from the players... almost looked like a different team psychologically from the last home game 3 weeks ago.

And now for my (continued) gripe. Down the stretch they played with Eady and Griesel as their biggest guys on the court (both Geu and Kreuser on the bench) so don't tell me they can't play Geu and Kreuser together because they're absolutely SOL if both get in foul trouble. Like Denver most SL teams don't have a true back-to-the-basket threat so in the unlikely event that they both get in foul trouble you can steal some minutes by going ultra small.
    Geu was getting double teamed (there’s a message there) and didn’t have his best night. Although he had fouls, it would have been interesting to see the defense on both Kreisler and geu.
    When vinnie was fouled with the basket counting, he ran over by us. The smile was priceless
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Absolutely need someone getting to the rim the way Shahid has lately. It has done wonders. Still tough games coming up

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hey we won again
    Sitting at 4th place in the Summit. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    This is completely incorrect on the perception of the current state of the NDSU basketball fanbase. The team does seem more together and more talented than the past couple of years. It's the management of the talent that has resulted in multiple threads questioning the basketball team's direction.
    Totally agree with this statement. Op's take on the gripes here is WAY off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They've done well the last few weeks but it was against the worst teams in the league. We'll see what happens the last 4 games of the season. That'll be real telling where this team stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    They've done well the last few weeks but it was against the worst teams in the league. We'll see what happens the last 4 games of the season. That'll be real telling where this team stands.
    Agreed, was at the game and had a good time. My son was giving me his color commentary all game. A six year old who doesn't take his eyes off the game and always talking about it.

Nice seeing Woodside there.

Gue had a tough game but I have to give him credit, his passes out of the double team were good. Not forced to get the assist, his was the pass before the assist. Trusted teammates and they found the right guy.

I find some of the foul calls tough, for both teams. If you leap straight up and don't reach, play on. I think this bit us more than them though.

Vinnie is putting a stretch together of what I saw flashes of earlier. (And loved) Hope it continues.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The team is playing much better, our offense is more productive, defense is better but still needs some work. I love what the players are doing I just still question the rotations. Watching Quayle and Samuelson get dominated by other teams guards in the post while Geu sits on the bench and plays less than 20 minutes just frustrates me. We play Geu and Rocky together, allows Ward, Griesel and Eady to slide down to guard some of these bigger guards and help us on the defensive end. If by some miracle Deng gets closer to 25-30 minutes going down the stretch and into the tourney I may call the dogs off on Dave but can't do it when we leave talent on the bench too much. We've been winning but it's against the bottom half of the league and not by large point differentials so these next 4 games will tell us a lot more. Fingers crossed we can play well and get to the 2 or 3 seed to avoid SDSU in the 2nd round and ORU in the first.