Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: White House visit

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to the white house

I think "are you going?" is a fair question. Even keeping politics out of it, there are the questions of funding, timing, and travel logistics. Not sure why everyone thinks it is such a ridiculous question.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think "are you going?" is a fair question. Even keeping politics out of it, there are the questions of funding, timing, and travel logistics. Not sure why everyone thinks it is such a ridiculous question.
    It is a ridiculous question for at least several reasons. First, it would be a public relations disaster for NDSU if they declined. Second, despite the questions you raise Hoeven would not have gotten the invite without talking to folks at NDSU first to make sure it could be worked out. Third, did anyone who was a reporter there really think that they were attending a Presser where Matt was going to announce they were invited but were turning down the opportunity? Fourth, you can't buy this type of visibility this visit is going to generate for NDSU and the football program.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It is a ridiculous question for at least several reasons. First, it would be a public relations disaster for NDSU if they declined. Second, despite the questions you raise Hoeven would not have gotten the invite without talking to folks at NDSU first to make sure it could be worked out. Third, did anyone who was a reporter there really think that they were attending a Presser where Matt was going to announce they were invited but were turning down the opportunity? Fourth, you can't buy this type of visibility this visit is going to generate for NDSU and the football program.
    Thanks Vet. Perfect response!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I talked to some Clemson fans this weekend and they said the kids loved the food because they don't usually get to eat like that.
    well, unless mcdonalds lace big macs with illegal PED's, they wont eat like that ever

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    how? this would be great PR

noone is going to know or care that NDSU visited the Whitehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    how? this would be great PR

noone is going to know or care that NDSU visited the Whitehouse
    I doubt it will be news outside of Fargo unless something crazy happens. Lots a groups like this go to the White House. As I mentioned before my friend took the Pop Warmer national champs there several years ago.

This is still a great honor for the players and coaches and the team can definitely use it for their own marketing. But I'll be surprised if there is even a mention on ESPN or any other national sports media.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I doubt it will be news outside of Fargo unless something crazy happens. Lots a groups like this go to the White House. As I mentioned before my friend took the Pop Warmer national champs there several years ago.

This is still a great honor for the players and coaches and the team can definitely use it for their own marketing. But I'll be surprised if there is even a mention on ESPN or any other national sports media.

That TMZ sports did an article surprised me. It was obviously done to poke fun at the McDonald’s fed to Clemson but still it was an actual article

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    That TMZ sports did an article surprised me. It was obviously done to poke fun at the McDonald’s fed to Clemson but still it was an actual article
    news outlets will be watching to see what is served, especially if the Gov is shut down again...if its more junk food it will make the press

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    news outlets will be watching to see what is served, especially if the Gov is shut down again...if its more junk food it will make the press
    What about the dozen groups that have probably visited the white house since Clemson? Not every group makes the news. In fact the vast majority don't.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I honestly think when Beth Hoole asked Matt Larsen the question, she was directing the question at Matt himself, not inquiring about the program’s wishes. Definitely a fair question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!