Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Verbal: DJ Baptist

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: DJ Baptist

Don't see him on the roster any longer. Anyone hear anything?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    NOOOOOOOO say it aint so..I had high hopes for this kid! He was one of my favorites in that class.

I felt this coming. Coach Entz was pretty to the point when asked about DJ in press conferences that he needs to keep focusing on his academics. Coach always talked about Lippe and Braylon but when DJ came up he seemed annoyed and very snappy responses. I can't confirm he is off the team but I was actually coming on here to write my end of year recap just to amuse myself and one of my notes was that I bet DJ wasn't on this team by Spring Ball.

Really sucks if true because I loved the trio of WRs we had in that class. I had high grades on Braylon, Lippe, and DJ. Was going to be SO exciting to watch that trio the next four years. Damn.

Just to reiterate though, Coach always seemed very willing speak well about Braylon and Lippe so if we hit on 2 of 3 WRs in a class that is still something to be excited for. Time will tell.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    1 of 4 that left the team.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

GONE.

FTA: "he North Dakota State football team began its second semester of classes this week minus four players who were with the team in the fall. None of them were on the two-deep chart. Center Joe Schreiber, safety Jackson Enz, receiver D.J. Baptist and cornerback Braden Zuroff are all transferring to other schools with the underlying theme of more playing time. ... Baptist, from Hutto, Texas, was in the mix to play as a true freshman in fall camp..."
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!