Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: National Signing Day '19 (February Edition)

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: National Signing Day '19 (February Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Let me guess, he was either driving a helmet car, or doing his taxes? Or, both.
    Probably sipping on Joose!

The new staff took care of business so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    One factor was the timing of the coaching changes. If our staff had remained intact, they may have kept the QB and added a couple of late pieces before the first signing period. After the change, Entz and company had to devote 100% of their recruiting effort to retaining the existing commitments through the early signing day. We had a small number of offers (Tristan Roper comes to mind) who decided late for other schools over NDSU before the early signing period. Would any of them been at NDSU if the timing was different? I have no idea.

In the end, I think our new staff did an absolutely amazing job in retaining all of the early commitments, except Jaren Lewis, and then adding a bunch of really exciting pieces in the late period. I also think there will be some important players from among the PWO group.
    To add on, he did address it a bit in the presser. He says it was a bit of a combination of how big the senior class was and doing more partials.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    To add on, he did address it a bit in the presser. He says it was a bit of a combination of how big the senior class was and doing more partials.
    I think what has impressed me in general is the way the recruiting footprint has continued to grow...and it appears this staff is keeping up the momentum...I am sure I will get some snarky southern speed remark...but getting solid recruits from Texas, Georgia and Florida is a high water mark for an FCS team not in the region...hell of a job...keep it rolling.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    The new staff took care of business so far.
    Agreed!!

I don't claim to know everything within the team, but with Entz talking about this scout team situation and all the PWO's, it appears he and this staff are raising the bar a bit on the depth and quality of every position top to bottom. I remember Klieman mentioning guys from the scout team often, but I've never heard it talked about this much. Is it possible that this year the staff got into the living rooms of a bunch of quality kids and sold them on being a part of something special and working hard for a possible scholly down the road?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    NDSU announces final 38(!) man 2019 recruiting class, 13 of which signed today: https://gobison.com/news/2019/2/6/bi...gning-day.aspx

38? Does that include walk-ons?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    38? Does that include walk-ons?
    Yes. 27 Scholarship, 11 PWO
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reloading, not rebuilding.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Agreed!!

I don't claim to know everything within the team, but with Entz talking about this scout team situation and all the PWO's, it appears he and this staff are raising the bar a bit on the depth and quality of every position top to bottom. I remember Klieman mentioning guys from the scout team often, but I've never heard it talked about this much. Is it possible that this year the staff got into the living rooms of a bunch of quality kids and sold them on being a part of something special and working hard for a possible scholly down the road?
    Also with the long season by the end of the year they don't have many kids left on the scout team. Just look at the running backs the last two years and the wr last year. And every year a couple guys quit. Just the nature of it. I'm sure they have injuries on the scout team we never here about.

Lardsin must go!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes. 27 Scholarship, 11 PWO

27 scholarship is still noteworthy. Did you really lose that many seniors? Or was there significant attrition in other classes?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016