Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Default Re: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I’ve only watched them play twice this year. If their big guy in the middle plays tonight maybe it’s different. They had a good game inside without him and he played well around the hoop in Fargo. I really think both teams have some good young players. Their problem is their head coach. No system or discipline.
    Rebraca is alright after that I don't see much.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    This is a stupid little quibble, but seriously Jones? Taking your tie off and unbuttoning your collar immediately after the buzzer while still on the court? If you're going to bother to wear a tie in the first place, take it off in private. It just looks bush league to do it when in full view of the media and fans. Yes, it's a very, very minor thing considering, but I was WTF? when he did it.
    The guys an embarrassment. One thing about Dave is he is respectful of the opponents and has never acted in an embarrassing way publicly. Too bad he can't coach better.

Not sure I could imagine being a fan of school that has trash like Jones still on a contract for a few more seasons.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

We just 3-1 on a 4 game road trip. Thats pretty damn good, sure we have plenty of issues but we need to enjoy this. The team is giving max effort. Coaching staff did make a cpl good moves tonight. We sit 6-4in the conference with 4 straight home games. Time to make a push, would be huge to get to the 2-3 seed for Sioux Falls and avoid SDSU as long as possible.

Unpopular opinions:
    I'm continuing to cheer for Bison basketball, hard
    I love seeing them do well
    I like Deng Geu AND Jared Samuelson AND Chris Quayle. Each have strengths and each have weaknesses.
    It was fun having a couple comical coaches, with smily demeanors, it's not a requirement for a coach in my mind. If a coach works the refs a little and is a little type A, that's ok too.
    I'm high on the current roster. All the way down to the last guy on the bench, there are no wasted spots this year IMO. I like the guys already verballed as well. Not just local, but appear to be high level local.
    The attrition after last year wasn't necessarily all bad. As mentioned previously, I like this roster.
    I'm impressed with the bench guys. Guys like Horn and the true freshmen not playing seem like great team guys. As fans we worry a lot about how they'll take it, they seem to be handling it well just like we expect our football backups to have to compete for PT. Our entire roster is back next year so if injuries forced us to burn redshirts maybe a couple will get it back next year. If not, and they don't win a spot or leave, that's the competitive nature of Division 1 basketball.
    Very happy with the recent stretch and am hoping the fact Griesel and Hunter are back in the lineup and the rotation seems to be more settled on have a lot to do with it.
    The men's team and the women's team are not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to the state of the program.

Does Richman have some specs of dirt in his eye that I'd like to see him improve? Absolutely! I'd bring them up, but you can pick one of the 7 open pitchfork threads and chances are they're covered in there. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll concern myself with the plank in my eye and hopefully can be in our seats at some of these home games down the stretch.

Go Bison! (all Bison)

We are 8-1 at home this season. 4 straight at home will do us good!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    Unpopular opinions:
    I'm continuing to cheer for Bison basketball, hard
    I love seeing them do well
    I like Deng Geu AND Jared Samuelson AND Chris Quayle. Each have strengths and each have weaknesses.
    It was fun having a couple comical coaches, with smily demeanors, it's not a requirement for a coach in my mind. If a coach works the refs a little and is a little type A, that's ok too.
    I'm high on the current roster. All the way down to the last guy on the bench, there are no wasted spots this year IMO. I like the guys already verballed as well. Not just local, but appear to be high level local.
    The attrition after last year wasn't necessarily all bad. As mentioned previously, I like this roster.
    I'm impressed with the bench guys. Guys like Horn and the true freshmen not playing seem like great team guys. As fans we worry a lot about how they'll take it, they seem to be handling it well just like we expect our football backups to have to compete for PT. Our entire roster is back next year so if injuries forced us to burn redshirts maybe a couple will get it back next year. If not, and they don't win a spot or leave, that's the competitive nature of Division 1 basketball.
    Very happy with the recent stretch and am hoping the fact Griesel and Hunter are back in the lineup and the rotation seems to be more settled on have a lot to do with it.
    The men's team and the women's team are not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to the state of the program.

Does Richman have some specs of dirt in his eye that I'd like to see him improve? Absolutely! I'd bring them up, but you can pick one of the 7 open pitchfork threads and chances are they're covered in there. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll concern myself with the plank in my eye and hopefully can be in our seats at some of these home games down the stretch.

Go Bison! (all Bison)
    Thank you!!

Shahid was a dude tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Shahid was a dude tonight
    He's been a dude since they started this 3 game win streak. Averaging 19.7 ppg over that stretch and doing it ultra efficiently shooting 65% from the field and 55% from 3. Dare I say he's had shades of LA in him these last 3 games.

Lets get home for some good old home cooking. Broke out the brooms on the F'Hawkers. I snuck over to YHB for some light reading. They talk about us not being any good but they lost to us twice. They used to talk about how terrible the Summit League was and the Big Fluffy was so much better. But yet they sit at the bottom of the Summit League and are in position to miss the playoffs in Sioux Falls. Wonder if they eat their crow pie warm or cold? Stupid F'Hawkers.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.