Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Default Re: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't know, I think they are a long ways off from that team. Their RPI is in the 300s and they might win one more game in a Summit that is as bad as it ever has been.
    Tough year for our BB team, congratulations.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Tough year for our BB team, congratulations.
    We'll there is always next year or maybe two more years....whenever you can get rid of Jones.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    kujava23 makes SDBison look like Mr. Positivety. Does that dude do anything besides bitch and complain. Life must be really tough to complain that much about ANYTHING.
    True and a win is a win esp a road win, but the truth is we are beating the Summit bottom dwellers.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    True and a win is a win esp a road win, but the truth is we are beating the Summit bottom dwellers.
    Like you said the Bison are "beating" the Summit bottom dwellers. That's much better than losing to them. Doesn't matter who you beat as long as you take care of business and beat whoever is the game on your schedule.

Just to give a little perspective. The last 3 wins have been good, but they are really bad teams we had beat.

01-26 at Oral Roberts 7-17 (4-6) 296 67-57 W
    02-02 at Western Ill. 6-16 (3-7) 339 78-76 W
    02-06 at North Dakota 5-15 (0-2) 311 74-70 W

All 3 teams are rated about 300 or worse in real time RPI. They are some of the weakest teams in D1 basketball. There are currently 351 active teams playing D1 for reference. There are a few NSIC teams that would be a coin flip against us. We should get some good momentum from playing at home the next few games.

Against UND it was fun to see us play a zone for few possession after we had been getting crushed with their guards get to the rim at will. That sequence where UND turned it over 3 straight possessions really let us win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Like you said the Bison are "beating" the Summit bottom dwellers. That's much better than losing to them. Doesn't matter who you beat as long as you take care of business and beat whoever is the game on your schedule.
    Yep. We saw that happen in Denver earlier this year so I'm not going to complain about or apologize for any road win. Take out the 2nd half collapse against Fort Wayne and the no-show in Denver and this team could be 8-2 in conference. But it seems like it'll be tough to climb any higher than #4 at this point with a road game at Fort Wayne (along with home games against SDSU and Omaha) and FW having a 1.5 game lead in the standings.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yet another game where the players won in spite of Dave's shitty coaching. The only good adjustment Dave made all game was switching to the zone to throw UND off a bit. Watching Quayle get abused over and over again in the post was sad when Geu and Eady were both on the bench. Call a timeout, take the guy out and make UND work for the next 6 points instead of just handing them over to them by leaving Quayle out there. Geu has been an absolute machine the last few games, he needs to be on the floor 28-30 minutes or we will continue to struggle against the top half of this league. Tyson has been playing much better, Griesel has looked really good and will be an excellent player in this league, especially if he can get that 3 point shot honed in. Vinnie has been way better than expected down the stretch and Cam being back I think has sparked that a little as Vinnie can get a couple breaks during the game. I love this team, I think the potential to take SDSU to the wire is in the locker room, I'm just not so sure the person running the show has a clue how to put the guys in the right position to be that successful.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Even if Gue wouldn't get 28-30 minutes in the next game, if Dave knew what he was doing he would start ramping up Gue's minutes so that he is at 28-30 min/game come the tournament.