Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Default Re: 2/6 @ Fhawkers

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Absolutely no way you can rationalize the minutes for Geu and Samuelson.
    Or rationalize pulling the redshirts on Cook and Knotek if they're not even going to be in the top 10 in the rotation (not listed at 9th and 10th for minutes are Quayle and Horn).

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Points per minute played
    Geu: 0.61
    Kreuser: 0.46
    Ward: 0.44
    Shahid: 0.39
    Hunter: 0.38
    Eady: 0.28
    Samuelson: 0.26
    Griesel: 0.21

It's not even close. Geu is the most productive offensive player by 33% over the 2nd most productive player.

There's more that goes into this analysis than the basic math done here (game situations, personnel groupings, etc.), but this is pretty telling to me.
    Geu is also leading the team in FG% (by a lot), 2nd on the team in 3PT%, 2nd on the team in rebounding, and leading the team in blocks.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Geu has to be on a minutes restriction because there is really no other logical or sane reason for what is going on.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Geu has to be on a minutes restriction because there is really no other logical or sane reason for what is going on.
    If there's any logical or sane reason he's on a minutes restriction that's news to pretty much everyone I'd think. Of course the reason most likely is they think they can't play Kreuser and Geu at the same time but I wouldn't call that line of thinking logical or sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If there's any logical or sane reason he's on a minutes restriction that's news to pretty much everyone I'd think. Of course the reason most likely is they think they can't play Kreuser and Geu at the same time but I wouldn't call that line of thinking logical or sane.
    Game is hours away and I'm already frustrated. It's called a coaching "staff", right? So the coaches are all smart guys and they meet often to discuss strategy and watch film, right? As a group they see strengths and weaknesses and adjust personnel, defense and offense accordingly to get the best guys in the best position to be successful.
    I'm going to assume someone on the staff has said, "Damn! We gotta get Geu more minutes. And remember that one time when we put Rocky and Geu out there together? Let's unleash the hounds!!!"
    Did Dave send that coach to the Pit of Misery? What gives?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Is Avants playing tonight for UND? If he isn't, and we don't go "BIG" at times, I am going to go nuts. I want to see Sam at the 3. He was abusing their 4 last time. Get him on a small dude and let him go. UND lacks size. Exploit it. I am sick of Rocky and Deng tagging in and out. Deng is a 4, let him play it for a few minutes here and there.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Deng is a great 4. Needs to play 30 minutes. Everybody is so frustrated cause we believe Deng has the potential to be the best player in the Summit league next year and a top 5 this year but just doesn't get the minutes.

Here are my predictions for the second game in a row. Deng plays 19 minutes leads the team in scoring and rebounding and everybody on here goes nuts.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

62-56 Bison take this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Or rationalize pulling the redshirts on Cook and Knotek if they're not even going to be in the top 10 in the rotation (not listed at 9th and 10th for minutes are Quayle and Horn).
    Cook was never going to redshirt, even if it could have served him well. He want to come and try to get early playing time. Very talented kid, that wish we could find a few minutes for.

Completely agree on Knotek, the plan was to redshirt him , when he has played its been very little. Pretty much a waste of a year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Points per game thus far: (top 8)
    Geu: 12.0
    Ward: 11.5
    Shahid: 11.3
    Kreuser: 9.9
    Hunter: 8.0
    Samuelson: 6.7
    Eady: 6.4
    Griesel: 5.2

Minutes per game thus far (top 8)
    Shahid: 28.7
    Ward: 26.4
    Samuelson: 26.2
    Griesel: 24.8
    Eady: 22.5
    Kreuser: 21.4
    Hunter: 21.3
    Geu: 19.6
    Minutes played for both Kreuser and Gue totals 41 minutes. So on average, over a 40 minute game, they're only on the floor together 1 minute. There has to be more situational matchups that we could exploit with these two on the floor together more than just one minute per game. Get these two on the floor together, coach! So tired of our small ball approach.