Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSU vs NDSU in a regular season game on TT.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GSU vs NDSU in a regular season game on TT.

Its sad to see "some" GSU fans not want to play NDSU in a regular season game because they want an easy FCS win.

They don't get the Power Rating thing win or lose. I am still going to E-mail our AD. Of course my feelings wont mean much, but as long as I speak my peace I'll feel better!

What do you say about pages 2 & 3? Do you agree or not???

PARTY ON BISON

TALON

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthre...-rebuild/page3
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GSU vs NDSU in a regular season game on TT.

Well run this scenario by them. So they don't want to pay NDSU for a game? And they say FBS schools don't play at FCS teams? Ok fine, not a problem. We should schedule a home/home with a twist. No money exchanges hands. NDSU plays at GSU, and that game should be your highest attended home game of the year, not even a question. That extra attendance plus not having to pay a guarantee should give you a nice profit for that Saturday.

Now for your "return" game, GSU will play a neutral site game. FBS teams love those, and this gets around the whole FBS @ FCS team rule the Sun Belt Conference might have. Georgia Southern will come up to Minneapolis and we can play at the Minnesota Vikings stadium. Now that I think about it, let me walk back that whole money point I made, NDSU might even give you guys a cut of the gate for that game. If NDSU can sell 30,000 tickets for Butler at the Twins stadium, I can't imagine how many tickets would be sold for a Georgia Southern game in the Twin Cities, it would be glorious.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wouldn’t mind it and miss fbs games (though I would MUCH rather play a P5), but I think it would be bad scheduling from your standpoint. For you guys to get into any decent bowl consideration you need to schedule and win against competitive P5 in nonconference play. A loss against NDSU (which right now I think would be probable though things could change) basically destroys any chance you have of any meaningful bowl opponent...if that’s your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Well run this scenario by them. So they don't want to pay NDSU for a game? And they say FBS schools don't play at FCS teams? Ok fine, not a problem. We should schedule a home/home with a twist. No money exchanges hands. NDSU plays at GSU, and that game should be your highest attended home game of the year, not even a question. That extra attendance plus not having to pay a guarantee should give you a nice profit for that Saturday.

Now for your "return" game, GSU will play a neutral site game. FBS teams love those, and this gets around the whole FBS @ FCS team rule the Sun Belt Conference might have. Georgia Southern will come up to Minneapolis and we can play at the Minnesota Vikings stadium. Now that I think about it, let me walk back that whole money point I made, NDSU might even give you guys a cut of the gate for that game. If NDSU can sell 30,000 tickets for Butler at the Twins stadium, I can't imagine how many tickets would be sold for a Georgia Southern game in the Twin Cities, it would be glorious.
    I really like this. I think there would be a very good turnout for this game in the Cities.

Awesome, but what about scheduling the 85 Bears? I love talking about things that will never happen

With the exception off App State & Ga. State our attendance in our redone stadium has been low for the last 3 years and you know why!
    GSU should have a 2 for 1 with NDSU. I think both stadiums would be full for both and maybe an ESPNU telecast. It wouldn't hurt either of us.
    NDSU is 3-0 against GSU and I want revenge.

GSU should pay NDSU to play in Statesboro and as long as GSU is payed enough to travel to NDSU it should not be a problem IMO!

We shouldn't have a neutral site game. NDSU fills its stadium and should have the respect for GSU to play in the Fargo Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I wouldn’t mind it and miss fbs games (though I would MUCH rather play a P5), but I think it would be bad scheduling from your standpoint. For you guys to get into any decent bowl consideration you need to schedule and win against competitive P5 in nonconference play. A loss against NDSU (which right now I think would be probable though things could change) basically destroys any chance you have of any meaningful bowl opponent...if that’s your goal.
    Disagree - NDSU is ranked higher than many G5 schools. NDSU should schedule against P5s but adding GSU couldn't hurt as long as we progress!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Awesome, but what about scheduling the 85 Bears? I love talking about things that will never happen
    OK, but I like the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    OK, but I like the idea!
    Fun. What about if the winner of the game wins a billion dollars? Do you like that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Fun. What about if the winner of the game wins a billion dollars? Do you like that idea?
    Sarcastic right?

Where are you getting the million from? You know that the loser of the games would have to pay for long range travel expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Sarcastic right?

Where are you getting the million from? You know that the loser of the games would have to pay for long range travel expenses.

I think the Bison take the 85 Bears easily. Most of those guys would be 58-65 years old, right?