Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2/2: At WIU 7 p.m. ESPN3

Default Re: 2/2: At WIU 7 p.m. ESPN3

We have a chance to finish this 4 game road stretch at 3-1. Team seams to be progressing and learning how to close out games. The last couple seasons, we've completely imploded about this time of year. We still start slow in games and that has to change against the better teams and come tourney time. Let's hope we can continue some momentum. Ward will come around. He had the 7 footer all over him multiple times last night and struggled to get space.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Geu, Eady, and Hunter are our best offensive players right now, all coming off the bench and all getting very limited minutes. Every game it’s, how far will we be down when he finally brings those 3 in?

I’d have a starting 5 of Vin, Cam, Tyree, Geu and Rocky, they have earned it. Bring Ward, Sam and Jared off the bench and send a message to them to step it up. What the heck is going on with Ward, we need him for these big games coming up. DR has no idea how to squeeze more production from this team. If you don’t get instant O from Jared, try Horn. I’d get away from a 2 man Rocky/Geu 5, to a 3 man 4-5 rotation of Rocky/Geu/(Ward or Sam), with Rocky and Geu getting most of those 80 minutes. Something has to change.
    I don't see it on the offensive side with Eady yet but Vinnie has been monstrous in these two road wins. Scoring 19 per game on 13-20 shooting (9-15 from three) in the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I hate being negative, I hate it but I want this program to get back on track. I love to watch a lot of guys on this team play but it is just frustrating.

We have three big games left...SDSU and Omaha at home, IPFW on the road. If this team is going to do anything in SF we need to prove we can knock those teams off and right now I'm not sure the status quo is going to get it done. Richman needs to figure out some kind of rotation and he needs Gue on the floor more, we can scrape by the WIU's of the world but I expect to be better than that.
    Here is a real contrast in minutes played by SDSU - they are struggling with their depth and only used 7 players in their tough game against Oral Roberts - still winning 86-80 at Tulsa (now 8-1 Summit for the Jacks)

Mike Daum 38 minutes
    David Jenkins 36 minutes
    Skyler Flatten 36
    Alex Arians 36
    Tevin King 35
    Owen King 16
    Matt Dentlinger 3

This could actually come back to bite the Jackrabbits in the tourney when they are playing multiple games in a short time span.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I don't care how the frick it happened the Bison won the game. A huge victory, conference game on the road. Give the team, players and coaches credit, they won the game!!
    Give players the credit. Attack the process shit again from Dave in post game. He was not happy with the win because we must have won despite his plan. Well past the time to be fired. Deng with second least minutes of those who played and most points. Play the man already.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe I'm the only one cheering against NDSU at this point. It feels terrible but what feels worse is them bringing Richman back after this season. I am far from a basketball expert, but I know enough to see that his brand of basketball is boring to watch. With the number of players getting minutes and the consistency of minutes that players are getting regardless of output/effort/results in each game shows to me that he is in over his head. I can't tell if he has no plan it is too rigid in his plan to adapt on the fly. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The year-to-year trend of teams under Richman speaks way too loudly to me to let any success the second half of this season lead to bringing him back. It is time for Matt Larsen to earn his stripes.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it is on the head coach or the AD (or both) in scheduling but whoever that is on has FAILED. The non-conference schedule since the SHAC had opened has been pathetic. I know this because I am casual basketball fan. I am the person that those games should be targeting. I know it's probably not an easy job but if NDSU was able to get Kansas State to the BSA we should be able to set something up with a Mid-Major with some name recognition.

/rant

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Here is a real contrast in minutes played by SDSU - they are struggling with their depth and only used 7 players in their tough game against Oral Roberts - still winning 86-80 at Tulsa (now 8-1 Summit for the Jacks)

Mike Daum 38 minutes
    David Jenkins 36 minutes
    Skyler Flatten 36
    Alex Arians 36
    Tevin King 35
    Owen King 16
    Matt Dentlinger 3

This could actually come back to bite the Jackrabbits in the tourney when they are playing multiple games in a short time span.
    And we cant even get our 2 best bigs more than 20 minutes per game. Deng is 19 mpg. Rocky is 21 mpg. Daum plays 38 mpg.

This is more about DR wanting to go small. If Medinger was playing it would help but odds are he would still go with 4 guards and play Deng or Rocky less

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Great win. Some of you armchair coaches are hilarious. Gue and Cruiser cant be out there at the same time, they need to sub for each other, with no 3rd big man, them sitting at the same time would let teams doninate down low. I wish Gue cooild play 35 min a game, but he cant. On to und to pick up another win Wednesday.
    Great win? This wasn’t against the Jacks or even a winning team for that matter. Maybe my expectations are too elevated for Bison basketball, but I consider it just a win. And for the love of all that is holy, our biggest impact player, Geu, should be playing at least half the game (though this armchair believes 30 mins minimum).
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

We know Richman won't change, because the results would show that hes wrong.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A win on the road against any conference opponent is a great win. The Bison did that and credit is due to the coaching staff and players. I don't care how they did it or who played when or how much. The bottom line is that the Bison won the game and that is what counts. Let's keep this train rolling and get another win on the road against the F'n hawkers!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one cheering against NDSU at this point. It feels terrible but what feels worse is them bringing Richman back after this season. I am far from a basketball expert, but I know enough to see that his brand of basketball is boring to watch. With the number of players getting minutes and the consistency of minutes that players are getting regardless of output/effort/results in each game shows to me that he is in over his head. I can't tell if he has no plan it is too rigid in his plan to adapt on the fly. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The year-to-year trend of teams under Richman speaks way too loudly to me to let any success the second half of this season lead to bringing him back. It is time for Matt Larsen to earn his stripes.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it is on the head coach or the AD (or both) in scheduling but whoever that is on has FAILED. The non-conference schedule since the SHAC had opened has been pathetic. I know this because I am casual basketball fan. I am the person that those games should be targeting. I know it's probably not an easy job but if NDSU was able to get Kansas State to the BSA we should be able to set something up with a Mid-Major with some name recognition.

/rant

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    No reason to cheer against the Bison just because you want to see a coaching change. Send a thoughtful email to Matt Larsen and let him know your feelings either now or after the season. If enough supporters do that (in a respectful way) that'll move the needle regardless of how the rest of the season plays out.