Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Seems like we're going head to head more with p5 schools this year. Is that how everyone else sees it? Got some big offers out and hope we didn't out punt out coverage.
    I was thinking the same thing. Seeing Iowa on the list quite a bit. I wonder if we are starting to shoot too high too often. We'll see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m seeing that as well and it doesn’t bother me I guess. You can’t get guys like Weertz if you don’t offer them. I really do think we have a shot at a handful of the bigger recruits.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I’m seeing that as well and it doesn’t bother me I guess. You can’t get guys like Weertz if you don’t offer them. I really do think we have a shot at a handful of the bigger recruits.
    Precisely, operating in that arena means our close rate might a bit lower, but any close when you are competing with 2 or 3 FBS schools, especially P5, is a big deal.

My meandering impressions and unproven opinions

- with earlier recruiting season & offers the trend, more NDSU vs FBS offers should happen

- Kansas State affects all this - but am seeing less of Wyoming than earlier years in their Bohl era

- am surprised how many NDSU offers go out to players with multiple FBS offers, but like people point out, FBS offer numbers are off the charts so how serious are they (are they commitable)

- Iowa as someone NDSU runs up against makes sense both from their style of play and the Tim Polasek effect

- I think I am seeing more MACtion, perhaps they see NDSU’s successes and want to recruit those same areas and type players - especially OL

- Western Illinois and Indiana State are overlapping more than they used to (e.g. Missouri Iowa Nebraska, even Minnesota) - did they increase recruiting budgets? (travel)

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Seems like we're going head to head more with p5 schools this year. Is that how everyone else sees it? Got some big offers out and hope we didn't out punt out coverage.

Pretty on par with the last 5 years and especially for this time of the year. I have noticed more recruiting going on in Missouri and Kansas than years past. Also find it interesting coaches are spreading their wings more buy making visits to other coaches recruiting areas. I’m not sure who brought that Philosophy into this staff but I like it

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve noticed A LOT of Kansas, and that’s fine with me, I’m just not used to seeing that kind of volume of which there is interest in that particular state.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I’ve noticed A LOT of Kansas, and that’s fine with me, I’m just not used to seeing that kind of volume of which there is interest in that particular state.
    How many KS players have we had and how many planned out?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

nice to know we are just being used by K State, Iowa & Wyoming.... they totally leech onto our interests. argh.
    its like NDSU program has spawned 3 FBS teams, yet we arent, very odd

Bortiloni committed to Wisconsin
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    nice to know we are just being used by K State, Iowa & Wyoming.... they totally leech onto our interests. argh.
    its like NDSU program has spawned 3 FBS teams, yet we arent, very odd

Bortiloni committed to Wisconsin
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56bison73 View Post
    ^^^^^^this^^^^^^

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA