Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

I don’t see anything at all wondering it. I personally like the 5’11” and up. Everyone has an opinion.
    Last edited by 23Bison; 04-08-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I agree. People get so caught up in size it is ridiculous. Most of the great all time RBs in the NFL were under six feet. Quite a few of them were right at Dunn's size for height and weight. Being slightly shorter allows for quicker cutting for the most part. Ryan Smith is the exact size of this back when they brought him in. If he is a great athlete we will find him a spot.
    Most? I’m gonna look into that because off the top of my head there are a lot of all time greats outside of Sanders and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Why have the Bison been targeting smaller RB's as of late? I personally would look for the next Bruce Anderson, John Crockett, Lance Dunn, and what have you...just a thought.
    Getting 3 athletes under 5’ 10” in one recruiting class (2019) was certainly out of the ordinary for NDSU. (zero in 2018, two 5’ 10” guys)
    With 3 in one class, will not be surprised that one plays right away, helps balance out the class size-distribution. And of course, someone may change position.
    As stated, they did try on a couple others RB’s, should be easier to get a commit this year from a every down back with Cofield and Clark and Wilson a year older. This year’s 1st RB offer - TK Marshall (Minneapolis Southwest) - is listed at 5’ 11” 180

Jalen Bussey - favorite (?) to play right away, especially on special teams
    Kaden Kunz - preferred walk-on
    Kobe Johnson - late period signee from Georgia

I believe all 3 are good sprinters in track as well.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 04-08-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Most? I’m gonna look into that because off the top of my head there are a lot of all time greats outside of Sanders and Smith.
    Okay most might have been a stretch (typing and thinking quickly never works well) but look at how many are 6 feet and under. I personally love someone just under 6 feet that is over 200 as they tend to be built with low center of gravity and have great lateral quickness.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I don’t see anything at all wondering it. I personally like the 5’11” and up guys. Everyone has an opinion.
    So you like the guys who are 5’11 and want to see more rb’s who are 5’11 just like Lance Dunn who is 5’9?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    So you like the guys who are 5’11 and want to see more rb’s who are 5’11 just like Lance Dunn who is 5’9?
    Yeah what’s wrong with that? Lance is a great RB and had a great carrier at NDSU but I like the guys in the mold of Bruce and John more. Cofield and Sabian (spelling) will be exciting to watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Yeah what’s wrong with that? Lance is a great RB and had a great carrier at NDSU but I like the guys in the mold of Bruce and John more. Cofield and Sabian (spelling) will be exciting to watch for me.

What’s wrong with that is 5’9 is shorter than 5’11. Saying you want bigger backs and then listing Dunn who is 5’9 is weird.

Or are you questioning why the coaches are recruiting players that they think are the best fit for the system instead of recruiting taller back that they don’t think fits their system?

See you are trying to argue with me over what style/body type of RB I like and I’m not sure why. You listed Lance Dunn and all I did is compliment him on being a great back but that’s not the body style I like for a RB.

As for the coaches recruiting smaller RBs I guess that’s up to them. Seems we have plenty of guys in that 5’8”-5’9” frame. Or you can try to put words in my mouth some how and spin this in a way that makes me look like I don’t like what our coaches are doing. A guy asked why we seem to be recruiting smaller RBs and I agreed.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Okay most might have been a stretch (typing and thinking quickly never works well) but look at how many are 6 feet and under. I personally love someone just under 6 feet that is over 200 as they tend to be built with low center of gravity and have great lateral quickness.

8 of the Top-10 all-time rushing leaders in the NFL (and the first 7 consecutive) are/were all under 6 feet tall.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    8 of the Top-10 all-time rushing leaders in the NFL (and the first 7 consecutive) are/were all under 6 feet tall.
    If you look at the HOF RBs there are a boatload of 6’ and over guys.