Page 35 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Offers dont mean anything, some of our best players had hardly any and there are several walk ons... development is key. Kids with egos dont fit in here
    Most get that, but I think with the newer (kinda) staff it would put everyone at ease if we landed a really big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Most get that, but I think with the newer (kinda) staff it would put everyone at ease if we landed a really big fish.
    Seth Anderson was a pretty big verbal.
    https://twitter.com/sethand16120029?lang=en
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Seth Anderson was a pretty big verbal.
    https://twitter.com/sethand16120029?lang=en
    Great point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Are there any big names that we have a shot on? Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for the class so far, but haven’t seen many with a lot of offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This class is pretty typical and it shouldn't be different with Entz, Roehl, Goeser, Hedberg, and Buddah.

Typically the early kids (from the near by locations) don't have a ton of offers early other than UND/SDSU/USD. We get the opportunity to evaluate this kids at our camps.

I see a good trend of most recruits outside of North Dakota being recruited by NDSU/SDSU/UNI. It's like that every year including this year

Also many early offers are projecting the player will breakout as a senior. That's typically when more offers come in. It's kind of a calculated risk but we are really good at it.

Tyson Gordon - Omaha - (SDSU, Youngstown, UNI, Illinois State)
    Seth Anderson -Moorhead - (NDSU, SDSU, Kansas, New Mexico State, UND, NIU)
    Oscar Benson - Buxton ND (small town ND kids rarely get recruited but he is a PWO)
    Jack Bram - offer from NW Missouri State
    Andre Carrier - 6-5 Cavalier ND (i mean it's Cavalier, the SEC aint making any trips)
    Jesse Hastings - small town SD kid (pwo)
    Hayden Johnston - albert lea (no offers)
    Cam Miller - QB Iowa (NDSU/SDSU/UNI)
    Mason Miller - OT Ada- Borup (NDSU/UND) This kids my favorite signing 6-8, room to grow, athletic and small town tough. Future stud.
    AJ Moss - FLorida (NDSU/Southern Miss / Jacksonville)
    Ty Satter - South - Everyone and their dog knew he was going to NDSU but he still got a UND offer
    Marques Sigle - (NDSU/SDSU/UNI/UND)
    Tyler Tehark (6-3 receiver, West Fargo)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ryan Kilburg - 6’ 181 - DB - Park Ridge IL (Maine South)
    NDSU offer, also KState, South Dakota, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Navy among offers.
    Commits to Western Michigan

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So Jaylen DeVries, the #1 QB target up north was offered a PWO by the Bison.....now that would be hilarious!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    So Jaylen DeVries, the #1 QB target up north was offered a PWO by the Bison.....now that would be hilarious!
    At first I thought he might have committed, after all, why would the PWO be mentioned that way when he had offers from the Fighting Hawks and Southern Illinois plus he had just visited Grand Forks & Fargo. My mistake - DeVries is off for a visit to Southern Illinois shortly. But it would be funny if........

Notice Jaylen DeVries on his visit to Fargo earlier this year - his Dad is a little bigger than the 6’ 2” QB

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaylen_De...73183037915137

And if the DeVries name sounds familiar......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jare...#Personal_life

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    At first I thought he might have committed, after all, why would the PWO be mentioned that way when he had offers from the Fighting Hawks and Southern Illinois plus he had just visited Grand Forks & Fargo. My mistake - DeVries is off for a visit to Southern Illinois shortly. But it would be funny if........

Notice Jaylen DeVries on his visit to Fargo earlier this year - his Dad is a little bigger than the 6’ 2” QB

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaylen_De...73183037915137

And if the DeVries name sounds familiar......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jare...#Personal_life
    His dad might have some familiarity with AJ Blazek too from his Iowa days.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This class is pretty typical and it shouldn't be different with Entz, Roehl, Goeser, Hedberg, and Buddah.

Typically the early kids (from the near by locations) don't have a ton of offers early other than UND/SDSU/USD. We get the opportunity to evaluate this kids at our camps.

I see a good trend of most recruits outside of North Dakota being recruited by NDSU/SDSU/UNI. It's like that every year including this year

Also many early offers are projecting the player will breakout as a senior. That's typically when more offers come in. It's kind of a calculated risk but we are really good at it.

Tyson Gordon - Omaha - (SDSU, Youngstown, UNI, Illinois State)
    Seth Anderson -Moorhead - (NDSU, SDSU, Kansas, New Mexico State, UND, NIU)
    Oscar Benson - Buxton ND (small town ND kids rarely get recruited but he is a PWO)
    Jack Bram - offer from NW Missouri State
    Andre Carrier - 6-5 Cavalier ND (i mean it's Cavalier, the SEC aint making any trips)
    Jesse Hastings - small town SD kid (pwo)
    Hayden Johnston - albert lea (no offers)
    Cam Miller - QB Iowa (NDSU/SDSU/UNI)
    Mason Miller - OT Ada- Borup (NDSU/UND) This kids my favorite signing 6-8, room to grow, athletic and small town tough. Future stud.
    AJ Moss - FLorida (NDSU/Southern Miss / Jacksonville)
    Ty Satter - South - Everyone and their dog knew he was going to NDSU but he still got a UND offer
    Marques Sigle - (NDSU/SDSU/UNI/UND)
    Tyler Tehark (6-3 receiver, West Fargo)

So ONLY Seth Anderson has a FBS offer? the Moss Southern Miss offer was way back win, probably gone.

Color me not impressed , sorry!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    So ONLY Seth Anderson has a FBS offer? the Moss Southern Miss offer was way back win, probably gone. Color me not impressed , sorry!
    We are 9-3 against teams that had nothing but FBS players without having that many Bison with those offers.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix