Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Another Nebraska commit, Wolfpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Another Nebraska commit, Wolfpack.
    Good grief. Can't keep up

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is getting wild. Good gets, but any real great gets from those more in the know???

Good to see the 3 DB’s commit!
    Always good to have shutdown CB’s and playmakers at S.
    As WestsideRabbit says, the Jackrabbits are loading up on tall WR’s so the Bison need strong coverage guys to counter them and the other passing attacks in the conference.

Sorry to derail the recruiting thread but with the Bison up to 12 commits already I still wonder why, if we're going to have a college football early signing day, it can't actually be early? These kids are "committing" before July 4th so let them sign their NLIs on August 1st if they want to really put the recruiting process behind them and focus on their senior year/season of high school.

As the whirlwind coaching transition showed us last December the early signing day that's a whopping 6 weeks before the old signing day just creates more pandemonium in early to mid-December especially for those teams playing in the FCS playoffs at that time.

#MakeTheEarlySigningDayEarly!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Sorry to derail the recruiting thread but with the Bison up to 12 commits already I still wonder why, if we're going to have a college football early signing day, it can't actually be early? These kids are "committing" before July 4th so let them sign their NLIs on August 1st if they want to really put the recruiting process behind them and focus on their senior year/season of high school.

As the whirlwind coaching transition showed us last December the early signing day that's a whopping 6 weeks before the old signing day just creates more pandemonium in early to mid-December especially for those teams playing in the FCS playoffs at that time.

#MakeTheEarlySigningDayEarly!

There are many coaches that would like to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    There are many coaches that would like to see that happen.
    The only downside I can see is it would pressure some guys into making decisions earlier than they want/need to but it seems like these mid-summer before their senior year commitments are becoming more and more the norm so I'm not sure that's such an issue anymore.

Of course the big shots at the top of the recruiting food chain probably wouldn't like it because they want more time to poach recruits but you'd think it would be easy to out-vote them with all the schools who would benefit from not having their recruits poached.

And in the case of a coaching change they can do just like college basketball does with early signees and let them out of their NLIs after a coaching change if the recruit requests it.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The only downside I can see is it would pressure some guys into making decisions earlier than they want/need to but it seems like these mid-summer before their senior year commitments are becoming more and more the norm so I'm not sure that's such an issue anymore.

Of course the big shots at the top of the recruiting food chain probably wouldn't like it because they want more time to poach recruits but you'd think it would be easy to out-vote them with all the schools who would benefit from not having their recruits poached.

And in the case of a coaching change they can do just like college basketball does with early signees and let them out of their NLIs after a coaching change if the recruit requests it.
    Chris Klieman said he thought it would happen eventually.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are there any big names that we have a shot on? Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for the class so far, but haven’t seen many with a lot of offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Are there any big names that we have a shot on? Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for the class so far, but haven’t seen many with a lot of offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Offers dont mean anything, some of our best players had hardly any and there are several walk ons... development is key. Kids with egos dont fit in here
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant