Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Hope the coaches can find another great cb during the late recruiting. Someone with Kobe Johnson potential. I like how they have hit some new areas and hopefully having the game on abc will help with more people watching.
    Chance are, NDSU already has one of those (maybe more) on the team. There are a few young CBs on the team from the previous two recruiting classes that we seem to forget about once they sign their letter of intent, but we were pretty high on them when they made a verbal commitment to NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Chance are, NDSU already has one of those (maybe more) on the team. There are a few young CBs on the team from the previous two recruiting classes that we seem to forget about once they sign their letter of intent, but we were pretty high on them when they made a verbal commitment to NDSU.
    I think a lot lose sight of this. In many ways College football recruiting especially at the FCS level is much more like the MLB draft than the NFL draft.

Where the highly regarded prospects/recruits get "forgotten" about for 1-2 years until they are ready to play then your like ok yep i remember now.

Whereas in the NFL draft many of those players are asked to be starters and contributors immediately

I’m not saying we don’t have more on the team. I know talbert has played a lot and done ok, just needs to continued to grow. Plus a lot of people talk about the freshman that redshirted. It’s just nice to have 1-2 of those guys in each class. Since the run started we have always had 1-2 lockdown corners (m will, C.J. Smith, Jalen Alison, bridges, Hayes etc). Just need to continue to find them especially with aj decommiting. It allows the defense to blitz and disguise coverages better knowing you can put a guy on an island by himself

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I’m not saying we don’t have more on the team. I know talbert has played a lot and done ok, just needs to continued to grow. Plus a lot of people talk about the freshman that redshirted. It’s just nice to have 1-2 of those guys in each class. Since the run started we have always had 1-2 lockdown corners (m will, C.J. Smith, Jalen Alison, bridges, Hayes etc). Just need to continue to find them especially with aj decommiting. It allows the defense to blitz and disguise coverages better knowing you can put a guy on an island by himself
    With as many Athletes and Safeties they recruited this year, I'm betting there is more than one solid DB in this year's class than just Marques Sigle. Add in the recruits from the past two seasons, NDSU is probably sitting pretty good.
    Hail the BISON!!!

With as many Athletes and Safeties they recruited this year, I'm betting there is more than one solid DB in this year's class than just Marques Sigle. Add in the recruits from the past two seasons, NDSU is probably sitting pretty good.
    Exactly! More than once this year Entz said that Hall was taking reps with the ones, but with our depth, he never had to take the field. Also our coaches do a great job of using the 3 weeks at the end of the year, while everyone one else is at home enjoying the holidays, to give Vets a break while installing game plans for the Natty. They use that time to get young guys a look and evaluate their needs going into the late signing period. I am 100% positive this staff knows what they need and where they are going to get it. We get system guys that buy into the program that become Blue chip prospects. We don't always need Blue chip prospects that need to be molded into the system.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I like it... seems like a super smart kid... being recruited by Ivy League and service academies. Looks like he recently played in the Blue-Gray HS All-American Bowl.

A few videos here:
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/1082242...n-G-Louissaint
    https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/gae...-FA/videos.htm

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would be a very solid get!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Spoke to Gaetan and his former teammate, Jalen Bussey about his recruitment (VIP):

https://247sports.com/college/north-...int-142357351/

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are there any other names to keep an eye out for Ross?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS