Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'm thinking DL??? Is this the commit coaches were tweeting about last week?

DL and his primary recruiter was Larson so it looks like this is the player from his tweet a few days ago

Mitch Eichacker - 6’ 4” 225 - DL/TE - Sioux Falls (Lincoln)
    Commits to SDSU.
    Had offers from NDSU, South Dakota, Dartmouth & Princeton.
    Would be interesting to learn what/if there is a connection between this commit and the Bison getting a verbal from DL Nolan Jacobs yesterday......

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Commits to SDSU.
    Would be interesting to learn what/if there is a connection between this commit and the Bison getting a verbal from DL Nolan Jacobs yesterday......
    Possible scenario at breakfast this morning at the Eichacker household, " Gee Whiz, Dad, thanks a lot for telling me to hold out on that NDSU offer. Now I have to go with the Jack offer because they got this Jacobs kid. Thanks a lot, Dad"...

I'm not understanding why NDSU isn't getting higher rated recruits this year and now we are poaching from the coyotes?

color me as worried, sorry its the truth. ( yea yea.. i know )

I just figured after domination for 7-8 years, we'd be banging with the big boys alot more in recruiting.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yea that last recruit Bison Coaches decided to poach from the Coyotes didn’t work out so good **coughcoughDarrius Shepherdcoughcough**

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Still don’t really get why you are worried. Well I would say different coaches can do that to a program. Next year thought will be nice.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm not understanding why NDSU isn't getting higher rated recruits this year and now we are poaching from the coyotes?

color me as worried, sorry its the truth. ( yea yea.. i know )

I just figured after domination for 7-8 years, we'd be banging with the big boys alot more in recruiting.
    I would assume it comes down to money? Splitting scholarships to get more guys on board. I'm assuming the guys we pull over FBS schools are full scholarship players or close to it. I really have no idea though, just an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I would assume it comes down to money? Splitting scholarships to get more guys on board. I'm assuming the guys we pull over FBS schools are full scholarship players or close to it. I really have no idea though, just an assumption.
    FBS is usually all full rides or nothing like walk ons.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    FBS is usually all full rides or nothing like walk ons.
    Read what I posted again. I am saying the kids we pull over FBS schools are more than likely given a full ride from us. Also we split scholarships up for other kids. A partial scholarship at NDSU could be a better offer then a full from another FCS school.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Commits to SDSU.
    No connection. Interviewed him yesterday. He wants to be a doctor and didn't like NDSU's program. The Ivy's were too far from home. He's a smart kid and thinking about life after football.