Page 42 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Was happy to see an offer made yesterday to
    RaJa Nelson - 5’ 10” 170 - SB/WR/ATH - Lakeville MN (Lakeville North)
    Enjoyed watching Lakeville North play on tv on their way to defeating Eden Prairie for the title - Nelson was quite a playmaker on both offense and special teams. Eli Mostaert & Will Mostaert - 2019 NDSU signees - were his teammates.
    Perhaps his straight-line speed isn’t FBS level, but he seemed fast-enough football-speed-wise. Nelson reminded me of Darrius Shepherd.

Here is his write-up from Gopherhole:

RaJa Nelson is listed as having offers from Army (FBS), Fighting Hawks
    and Minnesota Duluth.
    I was surpised with his small offer list as well. he's not the biggest guy, so that's holding him back I believe. But yea he looked good on tape.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Ok so as it stands now, we have 15 commitments with 5 being PWO and 3 had FBS offers leaving 7 kids with FCS offers. That doesn’t sound too bad to me at all. We have plenty of scholy kids left to get. Just keep it rolling.
    Seth & Joe = 2 . AJ's probably wasn't honored anymore (southern miss is the und of fbs with its offers--- shotgun style https://247sports.com/college/southe...etPredictions/)

I would hope that half our recruits had FBS offers.... in my opinion. but with Klieman, Bohl & Tim P stealing those NDSU recruits, I guess it is.. what it is.. does that NOT just irritate most of you? I don't know why there isn't more outrage for the poaching of NDSU by 3 former coaches.. it pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Seth & Joe = 2 . AJ's probably wasn't honored anymore (southern miss is the und of fbs with its offers--- shotgun style https://247sports.com/college/southe...etPredictions/)
    I would hope that half our recruits had FBS offers.... in my opinion. but with Klieman, Bohl & Tim P stealing those NDSU recruits, I guess it is.. what it is.. does that NOT just irritate most of you? I don't know why there isn't more outrage for the poaching of NDSU by 3 former coaches.. it pisses me off.
    You can discount the Southern Mississippi offer if you wish, but the fact is he was offered by an FBS school and did not accept. You have posted several times that the offer probably wasn't honored. You made the same type of statement saying "who knows" if Anderson's KU offer was legitimate. Both are speculation and you seem to want to bend the facts to fit your narrative.

In terms of recruits, they are not "ours" for other schools to steal. By that reasoning, other schools must be pissed at NDSU for stealing their recruits left and right.
    Last edited by Vet70; 07-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well I guess if you aren’t going to credit a kid that has an offer from Southern Miss (which is an FBS school) with having an FBS offer than nobody can help you.

As far as being irritated, what are are we supposed to do if we were? Sit on Bisonville and whine about it to each other till these kids are Sophomores and Juniors? We still have half a dozen or so kids left to recruit for this class so there is time left for your expectations. What did you think would happen with three former coaches are now located in 3 different directions from Fargo and all are FBS and still have contacts in our recruiting footprint.

Just let it be and see what the class looks like when they sign.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Is Wyoming beating NDSU for recruits? Not that I'm aware of.

Didn't Iowa beat NDSU for recruits prior to Polasek being there and at the same rate as they are doing now? Yes and, I believe, yes.

Is Kansas State now beating NDSU for recruits? Yes, but they're not taking many.

Would any of this change if NDSU was a G5 school instead of a FCS school? NOPE.

You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Is Wyoming beating NDSU for recruits? Not that I'm aware of.

Didn't Iowa beat NDSU for recruits prior to Polasek being there and at the same rate as they are doing now? Yes and, I believe, yes.

Is Kansas State now beating NDSU for recruits? Yes, but they're not taking many.

Would any of this change if NDSU was a G5 school instead of a FCS school? NOPE.

You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    He did make me curious as to how Wyoming recruiting was going this year - Yikes!!!
    247 showed 0 commits, Rivals 3 Wyo commits with none of them Bison recruits. Tough year so far for Bohl & Co.

He did make me curious as to how Wyoming recruiting was going this year - Yikes!!!
    247 showed 0 commits, Rivals 3 Wyo commits with none of them Bison recruits. Tough year so far for Bohl & Co.
    There are plenty of beautiful places in Wyoming. Laramie is not one of them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

To be fair 247 lists NDSU with no players on their roster (VIP)

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...ference=M-West

12 3 star recruits for Wyoming. and they just beat BYU, Oregon St for a Good WR.

Yes NDSU gets a ton more recruits if they are G5. cmon. these kids Love getting FBS offers. its a status symbol.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...ference=M-West

12 3 star recruits for Wyoming. and they just beat BYU, Oregon St for a Good WR.

Yes NDSU gets a ton more recruits if they are G5. cmon. these kids Love getting FBS offers. its a status symbol.
    I’d explain to you why your tweet makes no sense but you wouldn’t understand