Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware 2019

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: North Dakota State Bison @ Delaware Blue Hens

The game is now showing up on my Directv guide on 642-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This is pretty close to my opinion, which I posted yesterday:

During the RI game, they sold out to stop the run up the middle, but struggled against stopping runs on the perimeter. Today, I'm going to go back and watch their Delaware State game as that shouldn't have been close in any kind of way (31-13).
    I did go back to watch the Delaware-Delaware State game. Not sure how or why DSU was hanging with Delaware as the talent level between the schools is big, but DSU did have the lead midway through the second quarter. Pat Kehoe was much more mobile in this game than I've ever seen him, but he did get hurt, which allowed for Nolan Henderson to play, and that dude can play. I expect Delaware to play Nolan a lot against the Bison if they realistically want a chance to win. His mobile skills kind of remind me of Eric Barriere of EWU, but maybe not quite at the level of his passing skills.

The two games I saw of Delaware so far has their defense looking much like UND's. As I previously mentioned, they will stop the run up the middle, but are vulnerable stopping runs from the perimeter. I also feel they are little weak at stopping deep, accurate passes.

Watching the press conference, the two players seemed pretty hyped about this game, and that it was being at their house. Therefore, the Bison cannot take them easy. Right now, I see NDSU winning by around 20 points.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    His point still doesn't really make sense when talking about NDSU but I disagree that FCS school density follows population density - at least West of the Mississippi and you also have states like Michigan and Wisconsin that have 0.
    it's a cop out answer to why their program has fallen on its face since 2009. nobodys losing to recruits to the NEC, pioneer, ivy(unless youre smart enough to get a ivy degree beyond football) and most CAA schools. NDSU benefits geographically because they have the pick of the crop (no pun)of farm boys to play OL & DT within 300 miles, get a midwestern smart QB, and recruit Texas/Florida with some Minnesotan/FBS prospects mixed in.

But it all starts on the lines where NDSU just towers over everybody else, and the rest works itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    it's a cop out answer to why their program has fallen on its face since 2009. nobodys losing to recruits to the NEC, pioneer, ivy(unless youre smart enough to get a ivy degree beyond football) and most CAA schools. NDSU benefits geographically because they have the pick of the crop (no pun)of farm boys to play OL & DT within 300 miles, get a midwestern smart QB, and recruit Texas/Florida with some Minnesotan/FBS prospects mixed in.

But it all starts on the lines where NDSU just towers over everybody else, and the rest works itself out.
    Agreed- our lines are where we butter our bread. And whats our strategy? sure we get a handful of kids who are legit FBS talent right out of the gate (Billy turner and Radunz etc), but for the most part we get massive kids who are like 230 and 6'6 who have great attitudes, and we teach them how to football and turn them into kids who are 310 and 6'6 over the course of 2-3 years.

ANYONE can do this. Literally anyone. Our Big10 offensive line didnt show up to campus that good, they had to put in the friggin WORK. They had height and the right attitude and the staff gave them the recipe, and the kids did the rest
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Is the spread really at almost 30? Yikes. I'm going to say bet on the...

Has anyone figured out how to stream the game at home yet besides FloSports? I know I have heard NBC Philly and Wasingtion, but...North Dakota?
    It opened at like -24.5.....I was hoping for -21 or 22 but that was too much for me.....others clearly disagreed! LOL

Saw this on the (DE) News Journal site:

https://eu.delawareonline.com/story/...me/2235731001/
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Dang, travel plans are off a slow start. GFK->MSP delayed by 1.5 hours, so we’ll miss our MSP->BWI flight. ETA at BWI delayed from 4PM to 9:30PM. And I’m stuck here in enemy territory.

Ok so how are we watching this game? is everyone paying the 12$ for flo sports for a month?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Its Available on NBC in ND.
    It was announced on the Insiders that NDSU has sorted out issues with most streaming providers like YouTube and HuluLive to lift the blackout so it should be available there. I know for certain they said Hulu, but I thought they mentioned Youtube as well. Might be worth checking with NDSU.
    Otherwise I believe you may need Flo, not sure if it will be on ESPN+ or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Ok so how are we watching this game? is everyone paying the 12$ for flo sports for a month?
    It is on NBC Sports Washington (Alternate channel) -- channel 642-1 on Directv, not sure about other outlets. I'm either watching that way or on FloSports. I'm lucky enough to have Christopher attend my watch parties, and he has a subscription.

CM, if you're reading this, it shouldn't be necessary to bring your computer as I've downloaded the app onto my Apple TV. All you should have to do is log in...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)