Greetings my friends,

First of all, safe travels to anyone coming East.

As for the game, I’m sure I don’t have to explain our history to a fan base such as yours, but I really wish our program was today what it was up until about 10 years ago. We used to have consistent 22K crowds. UD football was similar to Fargo. Hottest ticket in town. A down season was anything that didn’t include the playoffs. Since then, we’ve had an AD who is now at Stanford and implemented heavy season ticket donations that turned off a lot of the fan base, another AD who hired a buddy that turned out to be a disaster, and an overall just poor quality of play. It would be awesome to host you guys under what we once had.

As for Saturday, I’d be surprised if we keep it close. I think we are just too young and inexperienced in areas. I certainly think that Rocco has us on the way up again, maybe a little slower than some hoped, but at least on the way. He has changed the mentality so far. Our guys expect to win and don’t lie down. Sounds silly because it’s Rhode Island but under the prior regime that game gets away. Some think we keep it close in the first half and then you guys pull away. I just don’t see it.

As for those traveling, I’m sure your trip is already planned. Baltimore is about 50 minutes one way and Philly 50 minutes the other. Newark is a fun college town. The athletic complex sits about a half mile away from campus. Main St is full of restaurants and bars. Please excuse the appearance as it will be a football game going on in a construction zone. Feel free to stop by a tailgate and enjoy.

I hope we meet again in th future and we can be competitive. I still think the first game our programs played should have been in 2010 when you guys got screwed out at Eastern Washington. I strongly feel you would have had no issue with Nova. Take care and send a message if you have any questions.