Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware 2019

Default Re: North Dakota State Bison @ Delaware Blue Hens

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Watched the Delaware Rhode Island game last night. Delaware doesn't appear to be any better than last year. QB is immobile and threw 3 picks, o-line looked bad. Strength of their team was their d-line and their punter. This game will get ugly and our defense should have a huge day.
    I saw one highlight of Delaware's backup QB running the balll.... he is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yes, but count and compare the number of football players graduating in any given year in those two 100 mile radius circles. I think his answer is good otherwise, but that bit always bugs me when I hear people say it. FCS school density follows population density so I don't necessarily see the point he is trying to make.
    True but NDSU has absolutely benefitted from the fact that states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska don't have any football teams between the FBS P5 and D2 level (and each of those states only has 1 P5 program). SDSU and UNI have also benefitted from that among others. In the mid-Atlantic area if a kid isn't P5 caliber he's got dozens of opportunities nearby at the G5 or FCS level he can potentially choose from.

It really has been a perfect storm of factors that got this whole Bison dynasty train rolling and finding that sweet spot within their recruiting footprint was no small part of that.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Butler vs Indiana Wesleyan
    I get to officiate Indiana Wesleyan this week so I'm only 2 teams removed from the Bison! They are only on their second year of football but have built a very nice facility for an NAIA school. They are in a conference with 2 of the dominant NAIA schools (Marian and St. Francis) and have 2 or 3 other teams ranked at any time. These teams are at least equivalent to Pioneer teams and some are competitiva with decent Division II teams. They lost to Butler in OT.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Curious how you see this one turning out? Is this year's team better than last year's?

Well, I truly believe that it will not be the same as last year. Last year we had two NFL players on our Defense, but our DC played tentative on your heels defense instead of attacking defense. Always wanted to keep the plays in front of them, but always gave up big chunks of yards. Our Offense was bad last year, but our OC was worse! This year we have a new OC and he is MUCH more creative with the game plan and uses the field much better than SHerman. I DO believe t hat this years team is better than last year, but we still have a way to go to be where we once were. Our big problem seems to be coming out flat in the first half. That was a problem last year as you saw from our performance in Fargo, and it is still a problem now. We are young at many positions, but much of the youth shows a lot of talent and potential as they continue to get more experience. Noah Plack looks to be a gem, as does Thyrick Pitts. Unfortunately our weakness lies in your strength....up front. We fail to control the LOS much of the time. All in all, I expect a much better game than last year, but that is about all I can expect.....

Danny Rocco always looks like you just snuck up on him
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bluehennation View Post
    Well, I truly believe that it will not be the same as last year. Last year we had two NFL players on our Defense, but our DC played tentative on your heels defense instead of attacking defense. Always wanted to keep the plays in front of them, but always gave up big chunks of yards. Our Offense was bad last year, but our OC was worse! This year we have a new OC and he is MUCH more creative with the game plan and uses the field much better than SHerman. I DO believe t hat this years team is better than last year, but we still have a way to go to be where we once were. Our big problem seems to be coming out flat in the first half. That was a problem last year as you saw from our performance in Fargo, and it is still a problem now. We are young at many positions, but much of the youth shows a lot of talent and potential as they continue to get more experience. Noah Plack looks to be a gem, as does Thyrick Pitts. Unfortunately our weakness lies in your strength....up front. We fail to control the LOS much of the time. All in all, I expect a much better game than last year, but that is about all I can expect.....
    Oh boy, multiple comments of yours point point to NDSU covering the insane spread.......this will not end well for the blue guys.

Tony Almeida is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is the spread really at almost 30? Yikes. I'm going to say bet on the...

Has anyone figured out how to stream the game at home yet besides FloSports? I know I have heard NBC Philly and Wasingtion, but...North Dakota?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    True but NDSU has absolutely benefitted from the fact that states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska don't have any football teams between the FBS P5 and D2 level (and each of those states only has 1 P5 program). SDSU and UNI have also benefitted from that among others. In the mid-Atlantic area if a kid isn't P5 caliber he's got dozens of opportunities nearby at the G5 or FCS level he can potentially choose from.

It really has been a perfect storm of factors that got this whole Bison dynasty train rolling and finding that sweet spot within their recruiting footprint was no small part of that.
    Sure, those states don't have any FCS schools, but the Dakotas and Montana have 6 to make up for that. Those states also don't have population densities anything like the East Coast either:

When we do offer an FBS borderline recruit how often are we NOT competing against all of the MVFC and a portion of Big Sky schools?

I just think that explanation for NDSU's success is overblown. There are other far more important reasons why NDSU has been so successful in recruiting in my opinion.

I would think it would be reasonably possible to do some sort of analysis comparing population density with the number of football programs within X miles of the program. Could very well end that argument once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I saw one highlight of Delaware's backup QB running the balll.... he is fantastic.
    Nolan Henderson, his 2 third down runs saved Delaware from losing that game to Rhode Island

by the way, Rhode has a good passing game and it's good to know we won't see another Aaron Parker type talent this year

not predicting any upsets but a few intangibles are on the Hens side
    Bison out of the Dome and on the East Coast.....
    Bison players probably not giving the Hens much respect after last year, they might be bored some
    Hopefully the Hens can at least make it a game worth watching into the second half

our DL is slow but do bottle up the LOS on the run game so far, they are slow and will probably not touch your QB all day, the strength of the D is the back 7 so far

watch 29 on Defense for the Hens, he seems very physical and violent hitter....His name is Noah Plack, hopefully he will introduce himself to your young Sir Lance A Lot

word is tickets are still available for the game