Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware 2019

Default Re: North Dakota State Bison @ Delaware Blue Hens

Greetings my friends,

First of all, safe travels to anyone coming East.

As for the game, I’m sure I don’t have to explain our history to a fan base such as yours, but I really wish our program was today what it was up until about 10 years ago. We used to have consistent 22K crowds. UD football was similar to Fargo. Hottest ticket in town. A down season was anything that didn’t include the playoffs. Since then, we’ve had an AD who is now at Stanford and implemented heavy season ticket donations that turned off a lot of the fan base, another AD who hired a buddy that turned out to be a disaster, and an overall just poor quality of play. It would be awesome to host you guys under what we once had.

As for Saturday, I’d be surprised if we keep it close. I think we are just too young and inexperienced in areas. I certainly think that Rocco has us on the way up again, maybe a little slower than some hoped, but at least on the way. He has changed the mentality so far. Our guys expect to win and don’t lie down. Sounds silly because it’s Rhode Island but under the prior regime that game gets away. Some think we keep it close in the first half and then you guys pull away. I just don’t see it.

As for those traveling, I’m sure your trip is already planned. Baltimore is about 50 minutes one way and Philly 50 minutes the other. Newark is a fun college town. The athletic complex sits about a half mile away from campus. Main St is full of restaurants and bars. Please excuse the appearance as it will be a football game going on in a construction zone. Feel free to stop by a tailgate and enjoy.

I hope we meet again in th future and we can be competitive. I still think the first game our programs played should have been in 2010 when you guys got screwed out at Eastern Washington. I strongly feel you would have had no issue with Nova. Take care and send a message if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHens View Post
    Greetings my friends,

First of all, safe travels to anyone coming East.

As for the game, I’m sure I don’t have to explain our history to a fan base such as yours, but I really wish our program was today what it was up until about 10 years ago. We used to have consistent 22K crowds. UD football was similar to Fargo. Hottest ticket in town. A down season was anything that didn’t include the playoffs. Since then, we’ve had an AD who is now at Stanford and implemented heavy season ticket donations that turned off a lot of the fan base, another AD who hired a buddy that turned out to be a disaster, and an overall just poor quality of play. It would be awesome to host you guys under what we once had.

As for Saturday, I’d be surprised if we keep it close. I think we are just too young and inexperienced in areas. I certainly think that Rocco has us on the way up again, maybe a little slower than some hoped, but at least on the way. He has changed the mentality so far. Our guys expect to win and don’t lie down. Sounds silly because it’s Rhode Island but under the prior regime that game gets away. Some think we keep it close in the first half and then you guys pull away. I just don’t see it.

As for those traveling, I’m sure your trip is already planned. Baltimore is about 50 minutes one way and Philly 50 minutes the other. Newark is a fun college town. The athletic complex sits about a half mile away from campus. Main St is full of restaurants and bars. Please excuse the appearance as it will be a football game going on in a construction zone. Feel free to stop by a tailgate and enjoy.

I hope we meet again in th future and we can be competitive. I still think the first game our programs played should have been in 2010 when you guys got screwed out at Eastern Washington. I strongly feel you would have had no issue with Nova. Take care and send a message if you have any questions.
    Welcome to Bisonville. We also hope you'll excuse our mess here. We're not remodeling or anything, we're just barely housebroken.

Most Bison fans are excited for the chance to play a CAA program with a rich tradition in our out of conference season. I won't be along for this one, but I'm sure there will be a strong contingent of Bison fans visiting for this game. They're mostly harmless.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Welcome to Bisonville. We also hope you'll excuse our mess here. We're not remodeling or anything, we're just barely housebroken.
    Obviously some of our fans are not even street broken.
    But we have a haiku thread so.....cultured.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Obviously some of our fans are not even street broken.
    But we have a haiku thread so.....cultured.
    Poetry and public urination are not mutually exclusive, nor Philosophy for that matter. Take Diogenes for example.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Most Bison fans are excited for the chance to play a CAA program with a rich tradition in our out of conference season. I won't be along for this one, but I'm sure there will be a strong contingent of Bison fans visiting for this game. They're mostly harmless.
    Wasn’t able to make it out last year but I know everyone I spoke with had a great time and spoke very highly of you guys.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

this is about as dorky as their logo.
    My avatar mullet is better then your avatar mullet.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I think it's time we start talking about this game coming up.

Roll call and thoughts on the actual game?
    The Carolinas gang is northbound & down!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bison View Post
    The Carolinas gang is northbound & down!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    On my flight from MSP-BWI now!!!!

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At MSP on my way to the Carolina's group tailgate then the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison View Post
    At MSP on my way to the Carolina's group tailgate then the game.
    We all need name badges with our Bisonville names!