Thread: EWU’s Gage Gubrud transferring to FBS

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default EWU’s Gage Gubrud transferring to FBS

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Default Re: EWU’s Gage Gubrud transferring to FBS

STATS keeps referring to the fact that he only played in 5 of their 15 games last year so he should be eligible for a medical redshirt but they keep ignoring the fact that in order to get a medical redshirt you need to lose two seasons to "circumstances beyond your control" and that doesn't include the team electing to redshirt a player for developmental purposes. He has to be claiming that in 2014 (when Vernon Adams threw for about 11,000 yards and 164 TDs there) some extenuating circumstance forced him to redshirt also... I'd be interested to hear that yarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    STATS keeps referring to the fact that he only played in 5 of their 15 games last year so he should be eligible for a medical redshirt but they keep ignoring the fact that in order to get a medical redshirt you need to lose two seasons to "circumstances beyond your control" and that doesn't include the team electing to redshirt a player for developmental purposes. He has to be claiming that in 2014 (when Vernon Adams threw for about 11,000 yards and 164 TDs there) some extenuating circumstance forced him to redshirt also... I'd be interested to hear that yarn.
    I don't think the NCAA figures PO games into the schedule when you use that 33% deal. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

He was denied the 6th year. He will appeal.
    So he’s not transferring
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Won his appeal and is headed to Washington State
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

The NCAA is so hypocritical when it comes to their own rules.