Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Braden Zuroff

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Braden Zuroff

Anyone have the ND all time high school football stat leaders? Can’t find anything online with that info. They used to print it in the Dakota Bowl programs I think.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Watching the film and the speed of the game makes me a little skeptical. On the other hand, he was in camp so the coaches saw him against faster players and wanted him so that says something. To me, it must be really hard to project how a small school player will transition. Who knows, maybe he's the next Ryan Smith. I would have never guessed Ryan Smith or Weston Dressler would have been as good as they turned out, so you never know.
    That's often a point of debate here. Mr. Football almost always goes to a 5A or 6A athlete from Indy or one of the other large schools. The one exception was Jaylon Smith (now with the Dallas Cowboys) from a 2A school, but he went to a private Catholic school in Fort Wayne. This year the winner was a player from one of the smallest rural schools in the state. They have won back to back state titles, and was the starting QB and LB, and is also committed to ND to play linebacker. Warren Central (Michael Tutsie's HS) had 3 stud offensive players who in most years could have won it. One is a WR going to Purdue and probably the best player I've ever seen on the field. Their RB had 3000 yards and like 60 TDs THIS YEAR (he's going to Southern Illinois so Bison fans should get to see him). Their QB is the son of Jeff George and visited Georgia over the weekend. How could anyone from this little, tiny school beat one of these studs for Mr. Football? He hasn't played against near the competition. But he is going to Notre Dame so someone else thought he must be pretty good. Only time will tell and that's the crap shoot of recruiting.

Gotta love his mom on twitter ripping on a und fan who posted ON HER SONS PAGE ripping on NDSU.

BAHAHAHA.. I wanna tailgate with her!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Lee Vandal from Rolla was a man among boys as well and was a great Bison FB....
    amirite Scottie?....23Bison?

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Watching the film and the speed of the game makes me a little skeptical. On the other hand, he was in camp so the coaches saw him against faster players and wanted him so that says something. To me, it must be really hard to project how a small school player will transition. Who knows, maybe he's the next Ryan Smith. I would have never guessed Ryan Smith or Weston Dressler would have been as good as they turned out, so you never know.
    How dare you use those two in the same sentence. Dressler was twice the player.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Lee Vandal from Rolla was a man among boys as well and was a great Bison FB....
    amirite Scottie?....23Bison?
    Lee Vandal was a human anvil.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyflexion View Post
    lee vandal from rolla was a man among boys as well and was a great bison fb....
    Amirite scottie?....23bison?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    lee vandal was a human anvil.
    Snake eyes!

Member the time they made the mistake of kicking the ball to him. He almost killed a man.

Lardsin must go!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Weston Dressler was unstoppable. I remember his coach taking on the radio and sai we are gonna run Weston to the left. Right and up the middle and nobody could slow him down. I have no idea what Bohl was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Dressler was the best back I have seen in ND and I've been around a while. He was fast, his 10.44 100 meter State record still stands.

NDSU offers the right kids from the small high schools. Like 99% of our recruits, they are works in progress. Glad to have Branden aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    How dare you use those two in the same sentence. Dressler was twice the player.
    Oh really...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.