Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 vs UND Fhawkers

Default Re: 1/19 vs UND Fhawkers

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Geu needs to be playing 30 minutes a game for this team and it is one of the most insane things to see that he is only playing 20. Rocky is a nice player but between the two Geu needs to play the most and have Rocky play low 20’s if we have to rotate some. Richman just doesn’t get it, period.
    Geu's combined 35 minutes the last 2 games are ridiculous, Richman's coaching methods might win at the d-3 level but that might even be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    He tries to mix and match wayyy too much, instead of jyst playing the best guys
    ^^^^^^^
    This.

Plus---The high scorer only played half the game? Thats some stupid shit right there. WTF is the matter with him?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    "Pack the Shac" haha

Rivarly is Dead. SDSU games get more excitement, last years UND game was a snoozefest, tons of empty seats.

I cant even give away my front row seats, and with -8 weather, there will be 1500 actual fans there. maybe 1800

this season & coaching staff can't leave fast enough.
    You were really close with your estimate of 1500- 1800... attendance was 4200+..... Good work. You were only off by a factor of 2.5.

Also no Cook yesterday? I also thought Horn would end up being a starter at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    You were really close with your estimate of 1500- 1800... attendance was 4200+..... Good work. You were only off by a factor of 2.5.
    It was good to see the SHAC filled up and to get a sense of what NDSU basketball could be (and be reminded what it was) under different leadership. It feels like we haven't had 4200 fans at all of this year's home games combined, leading up to UND. I'm glad we beat our in-state rival at home, in 3 tries. But the underlying problems remain and the solution remains as well.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It was good to see the SHAC filled up and to get a sense of what NDSU basketball could be (and be reminded what it was) under different leadership. It feels like we haven't had 4200 fans at all of this year's home games combined, leading up to UND. I'm glad we beat our in-state rival at home, in 3 tries. But the underlying problems remain and the solution remains as well.
    NDSU will always have good crowds if the opponent is a team the fans want to see. Has nothing to do with leadership. By the way, we've had more than 4200 fans at the two previous conference games leading up to UND. Now we've beaten UND at home and the last 3 times up in Grand Forks. All take those results anytime!!

It’s great you’re trying with the positive.

That field house had more fans for Amy Ruley, and it wasn’t because of who the girls were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Also no Cook yesterday? I also thought Horn would end up being a starter at some point.
    Hard to play everyone, that would be 11 deep. Everyone likes to beat up Samuelson's minutes which to a extent is fair because he does play a lot but he also has played pretty well this season. Quayle has been up and down minutes wise but played very well yesterday. Chris is probably one of our best defenders and has sneaky good length. Chris getting 8-10 mins is fine and his mins go up if certain guys get in foul trouble.

I guess my question is who does Horn start for? Samuelson and Horn are pretty similar players. Both good shooters that are undersized. I think at this point Samuelson is probably a little better defensively and is definitely Dave's guy.

Cook getting no minutes does surprise me, very talented kid but is a true freshman. I think a vote confidence would go a long way with him. Id love to see Dave throw him in there in certain situations and tell him to be the best player on the court. They did this with Griesel yesterday and he flourished.

The decision that makes me the most annoyed is the pulling of Knotek's red-shirt. I just dont see where he is going to get minutes going forward this year.

Last thing and its pretty obvious to everyone, Deng needs to be playing 30 mins if he is not in foul trouble. I don't have a big issue with him coming off the bench like they did with Dex but he needs to get starting mins like Dex did. It drives me nuts listening to Dave talk about how far Deng has come and how little basketball he has played. The dude is your best player by a wide margin. I havent looked at too many SDSU box scores but im guessing Daum is getting more then 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    . I havent looked at too many SDSU box scores but im guessing Daum is getting more then 20 minutes.

Jacks site says that Daum is averaging 31.8 mpg