Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 vs UND Fhawkers

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/19 vs UND Fhawkers

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Last thing and its pretty obvious to everyone, Deng needs to be playing 30 mins if he is not in foul trouble. I don't have a big issue with him coming off the bench like they did with Dex but he needs to get starting mins like Dex did. It drives me nuts listening to Dave talk about how far Deng has come and how little basketball he has played. The dude is your best player by a wide margin. I havent looked at too many SDSU box scores but im guessing Daum is getting more then 20 minutes.
    Totally agree, only saw him boot one pass but he did catch and excellent fast break bounce pass for a slam, we need to push it more after we get a turnover or a long RB...imo

Deng is so athletic and good at both end around the rim.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

lame environment on tv, 0 buzz on social media. Didn't hear any boo's. Rivarly is dead
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Last thing and its pretty obvious to everyone, Deng needs to be playing 30 mins if he is not in foul trouble. I don't have a big issue with him coming off the bench like they did with Dex but he needs to get starting mins like Dex did. It drives me nuts listening to Dave talk about how far Deng has come and how little basketball he has played. The dude is your best player by a wide margin. I havent looked at too many SDSU box scores but im guessing Daum is getting more then 20 minutes.
    But, Dave has a plan, and by God, he'll stick to that plan!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This team won this game despite poor coaching. That's how our team is winning at home, they feed off the energy and get out there and make enough plays to get it done despite Dave's piss poor offense and even worse rotations. Deng needs 28 mpg, Horn needs to be given a chance when our offense gets stale as he might be the best player we have on the roster at creating space for his shot (5-10 minutes a game out of the Samuelson/Quayle rotation is where these should come from). Griesel is a dude, we play the lineup of Vinnie, Tyson, Sam, Deng and Rocky and we'd be sneaky long and athletic and can make things happen.

Playing time can be determined by so many things, matchups, foul trouble etc. I would like to see more out of one thing...playing Deng and Rocky together. They help eachother. I know because we have NOBODY else in the post, that this is damn near impossible, but I was going nuts at the end of the UND game that we continued with small ball. They were in foul hell, and we didn't punish that. I wanted to bring in the beast. Keep Deng out there. I dream of Sammy at the 3, Deng at the 4 and ROcky at the 5. They are VERY good SUmmit League players. Sammy is going to be a dude.

I actually hate even saying this, as Jared is a great kid, but nobody in the world can tell me that he should lead our team in minutes. Nobody. I would fight forever on that one. (great bar topic with friends). I love that kid. To me he is instant offense off the bench. Deep on the bench. Hey...we need a shot in the arm, Jared...go be a gunner. Won't work every game. Nobody works harder, is a better kid, but that doesn't mean he needs 30 plus every night. I feel like splitting up his minutes is where Horn and Cook come in. Like it or not, Cook was the biggest recruit in years, I have no idea if he is thrilled never playing or not, but to me....every kid wants some clock. They could each play 10 minutes. Cook is the future at the 2. We don't graduate anyone....are we going to keep playing Jared and NOT developing this kid at all? Is he THAT bad on defense that Jared cannot be taken out?

Quale? Please. Again, great kid with talent and length and I would like to think he plays super hard and played Saturday a lot because Tyson was in foul trouble. Robotic. Just sick of small ball. End the half playing the big men together. Deng is a 4. Rocky is a 5. If nothing else, I want smiles. I want to see that fire. from everyone. This team has talent, I think they can beat anyone and easily lose to anyone. Sam is going to be our top player sooner than later. I think he is legit. I loved Horn as a combo guard early in the year. We struggle to score, he doesn't. I also think his attitude looks awesome, and the kid isn't even playing....that says a lot. Really want to go into Brookings and start strong. Our flat and nervous starts is because we play scared. Nervous. Not fast. Live with some mistakes, encourage a kid who dives for a loose ball. go absolutely fucking nuts when Deng gets the absolutely filthy offensive rebound late in the game. Show these kids you will die for them. We have talent and this is a game. Games are fun.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is no question Deng and Rocky compliment each other. The best way this would happen is if we ran quite a few high low sets, but I don't remember us doing much of that.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

The only thing that should impact playing time for Gue is fouling, he is athletic enough to be on the court against any lineup and the same goes for Rocky. Watch an NBA game, do you think the Sixers pull Embiid off the floor or the Wolves KAT if another team goes small? No, that is when they feast. I am still baffled that Gue played 20 minutes against UND, he was playing great and was never in foul trouble. Everytime he was in the game UND had to account for him, the impact he had on the court was noticable to anyone and everyone but our coaching staff.

It was frustrating listening to some media people make this big deal about playing Gue and Rocky together and credit our coach for making this amazing adjustment at times in games. Putting your best lineup on the floor shouldn't be heralded as amazing coaching. Richman should be getting picked apart for not priortizing minutes so that lineup is on the floor more and also how much he plays Deng. It is ridiculous, never once even heard anyone in the media even question it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    This.

Plus---The high scorer only played half the game? Thats some stupid shit right there. WTF is the matter with him?????
    He is stubborn and appears to be arrogant above and beyond his position.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Playing time can be determined by so many things, matchups, foul trouble etc. I would like to see more out of one thing...playing Deng and Rocky together. They help eachother. I know because we have NOBODY else in the post, that this is damn near impossible, but I was going nuts at the end of the UND game that we continued with small ball. They were in foul hell, and we didn't punish that. I wanted to bring in the beast. Keep Deng out there. I dream of Sammy at the 3, Deng at the 4 and ROcky at the 5. They are VERY good SUmmit League players. Sammy is going to be a dude.

I actually hate even saying this, as Jared is a great kid, but nobody in the world can tell me that he should lead our team in minutes. Nobody. I would fight forever on that one. (great bar topic with friends). I love that kid. To me he is instant offense off the bench. Deep on the bench. Hey...we need a shot in the arm, Jared...go be a gunner. Won't work every game. Nobody works harder, is a better kid, but that doesn't mean he needs 30 plus every night. I feel like splitting up his minutes is where Horn and Cook come in. Like it or not, Cook was the biggest recruit in years, I have no idea if he is thrilled never playing or not, but to me....every kid wants some clock. They could each play 10 minutes. Cook is the future at the 2. We don't graduate anyone....are we going to keep playing Jared and NOT developing this kid at all? Is he THAT bad on defense that Jared cannot be taken out?

Quale? Please. Again, great kid with talent and length and I would like to think he plays super hard and played Saturday a lot because Tyson was in foul trouble. Robotic. Just sick of small ball. End the half playing the big men together. Deng is a 4. Rocky is a 5. If nothing else, I want smiles. I want to see that fire. from everyone. This team has talent, I think they can beat anyone and easily lose to anyone. Sam is going to be our top player sooner than later. I think he is legit. I loved Horn as a combo guard early in the year. We struggle to score, he doesn't. I also think his attitude looks awesome, and the kid isn't even playing....that says a lot. Really want to go into Brookings and start strong. Our flat and nervous starts is because we play scared. Nervous. Not fast. Live with some mistakes, encourage a kid who dives for a loose ball. go absolutely fucking nuts when Deng gets the absolutely filthy offensive rebound late in the game. Show these kids you will die for them. We have talent and this is a game. Games are fun.
    Just sprinkle some ferry dust and hope for the best. Our HC just doesn't get it and never will. How could Miles and Saul been so wrong?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

All of this, I agree with all of it 100%. Same thing I've been saying to people all season long. We have a bunch of young talent and we are currently burying it on the bench. Not only should we have way more minutes of Deng and Rocky on the court together but we should have exactly zero minutes of Samuelson and Quayle on the court together. Other than our piss poor offense, the rotations are easily the 2nd most frustrating thing.