Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 nc a&t

Default Re: 2020 nc a&t

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    This would have been a good candidate for a home/home like the Delaware series. They are better than Delaware and have been for awhile, and there's a good number of NDSU alum/fans in the NC/VA area that would come to the game. I have no complaints on the areas the coaches focus on for recruiting, but NC has some talent and it might open some more doors, can't hurt anyway.

2021 is open, but maybe it didn't work or something else is in the works. 2023 looked to be open on our end too, oh well.
    The problem with the FCS home/home deals is that they don't work into our scheduling goals. Jeremy has consistently stated our goal is to have 1 FBS game and 6 home games. In 11 game years this means we cannot go to an FCS school or if we do, cannot have an FBS game. Hence why we are going to Delaware this year in a 12 game season. The next 12 game season is not until 2024. Jeremy stated his number one priority now is getting an FBS game for 2021.

Regarding North Carolina A&T's wins against FBS schools:

2016 Season:
    They defeated Kent State in 4 overtimes 39-36. Kent State went 3-9 that season and ended the year with a Sagarin Rating of 153.

2017 Season:
    They beat Charlotte 35-31. Charlotte went 1-11 that season and their Sagarin Rating was 195. UND finished that year at # 171.

2018 Season:
    North Carolina A&T defeated East Carolina 28-23. The ECU Pirates had a season record of 3-9 this past season and their final Sagarin Rating was 140. East Carolina also suffered and ass thrashing to # 61 Temple by a score of 49-6.

They had better be improved from the 1st game this season when they beat JSU or they are going to get a beat down.
    Last edited by Vet70; 01-18-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Regarding North Carolina A&T's wins against FBS schools:

2016 Season:
    They defeated Kent State in 4 overtimes 39-36. Kent State went 3-9 that season and ended the year with a Sagarin Rating of 153.

2017 Season:
    They beat Charlotte 35-31. Charlotte went 1-11 that season and their Sagarin Rating was 195. UND finished that year at # 171.

2018 Season:
    North Carolina A&T defeated East Carolina 28-23. The ECU Pirates had a season record of 3-9 this past season and their final Sagarin Rating was 140. East Carolina also suffered and ass thrashing to # 61 Temple by a score of 49-6.
    You sound like every FBS fanbase that has played NDSU... Just saying...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    You sound like every FBS fanbase that has played NDSU... Just saying...
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh………………………………………… ..

I'm pointing out that their FBS success isn't all that impressive...…………..

I doubt that there are many on bisonville that have bragged more that I have about NDSU's success against the FBS.

I doubt that there are many on bisonville that have bragged more that I have about NDSU's success against the FBS.
    I probably should have put that in purple...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I probably should have put that in purple...
    Oh, sorry.....I thought you were serious.....I need counseling...….or perhaps a trip to the Northern.....or maybe counseling AT the Northern......

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is the part where you sound like every upcoming FBS fan base down playing our wins over previous FBS schools and how God awful those teams were, like the worst in program history for each school.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    This is the part where you sound like every upcoming FBS fan base down playing our wins over previous FBS schools and how God awful those teams were, like the worst in program history for each school.
    I think about that quite often. My favorite defenses to those detractors are:

1) Average score (even including the 3 losses): NDSU 23.75 to FBS Opponents 17.4.

2) NDSU has allowed a paltry 209 total points to those 12 FBS teams.

3) NDSU has outscored FBS opponents in the 4th quarter by a margin of 69-27...……..69 to 27!!!! Yeah, FBS teams averaged just over 2 points in the 4th quarter over 12 games!

I wonder if a game like this would fill US Bank Stadium? NCAT travels well and they could get to MPLS easy enough. Is there a FCS Kickoff game scheduled for 2020 yet?