Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 nc a&t

Default Re: 2020 nc a&t

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wonder if a game like this would fill US Bank Stadium? NCAT travels well and they could get to MPLS easy enough. Is there a FCS Kickoff game scheduled for 2020 yet?
    I think the FCS Kickoff is now owned by ESPN and they have a multi-year deal signed with the Cramton Bowl in Montgomery, Alabama to host it. I'd rather see NDSU cut out the middleman (ESPN) and work directly with the MSFA. I think the success of this Target Field game next August will be important to attract the attention of those people but getting something ready by 2020 is probably a little too quick. I agree though that this would be as good of a candidate as any game to make the pitch to play at US Bank Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    This, and a certain commentator who was saying if they were in the playoffs they would be national champs.
    Wait, someone who wasn't an NC A&T rube legitimately said this on television?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the FCS Kickoff is now owned by ESPN and they have a multi-year deal signed with the Cramton Bowl in Montgomery, Alabama to host it. I'd rather see NDSU cut out the middleman (ESPN) and work directly with the MSFA. I think the success of this Target Field game next August will be important to attract the attention of those people but getting something ready by 2020 is probably a little too quick. I agree though that this would be as good of a candidate as any game to make the pitch to play at US Bank Stadium.
    Maybe they could get this on FS1. Now we're talking! Suck it ESPN!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I think about that quite often. My favorite defenses to those detractors are:

1) Average score (even including the 3 losses): NDSU 23.75 to FBS Opponents 17.4.

2) NDSU has allowed a paltry 209 total points to those 12 FBS teams.

3) NDSU has outscored FBS opponents in the 4th quarter by a margin of 69-27...……..69 to 27!!!! Yeah, FBS teams averaged just over 2 points in the 4th quarter over 12 games!
    If we lose and you post "Well this was the worst NDSU team ever." I will know you have went over to the dark side. What size Gopher sweatshirt would you like? LOL
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Wait, someone who wasn't an NC A&T rube legitimately said this on television?
    Emory Hunt.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Emory Hunt.
    He's still around? At least it was someone whose football knowledge is lower than that of a random rube. That makes some sense.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    He's still around? At least it was someone whose football knowledge is lower than that of a random rube. That makes some sense.
    Can't argue with that assessment. I can't make up my mind if he really believed it or was just jacking his jaws.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why is NC A&T bringing their band? Why would you pay for it? Seems a bit odd. And tilted in their favor. What do you get out of it?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Why is NC A&T bringing their band? Why would you pay for it? Seems a bit odd. And tilted in their favor. What do you get out of it?
    I'm not sure they really are. I believe that info came from the A&T message board which also said they were getting 350k and it turns out they're only getting 240k so that information about the A&T band coming on NDSU's dime may also be bad.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Agreed. The NDSU band had to more or less pay its own way to go to Iowa, I can't imagine why we would pay that much to drag their band up here and back.