Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical: NDSU vs James Madison (Nashville)

Default Re: Hypothetical: NDSU vs James Madison (Nashville)

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    If you've got more than 1 McDonalds, you're a big city.
    From where I live if you got just 1 McDonalds you're a big city. Shoot, biggest store Linton has is the Family Dollar

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    If you've got more than 1 McDonalds, you're a big city.
    Growing up in Minot I felt like I grew up in a city. It's all relative. Remote population centers of 35k in an area like North Dakota are very different than many other states. They have a lot more amenities and services than they would elsewhere. A city of 35k (Minot's population when I lived there) likely doesn't have a mall like Dakota Square or an airport with jet service. If they have a college or university it's more likely the hub of that town than it is in Minot. Minot, Bismarck, Grand Forks and to an extent Devils Lake, Jamestown, Dickinson, and Williston are much more business hubs than similar sized towns in many other states.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Indeed, it does. Seat Geek Stadium in suburban Bridgeview (fka: Toyota Park) is almost a carbon copy of Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Not even close to the same surroundings in terms of restaurants, hotels, newness, etc.

I would pay to watch many of you Bison fans navigate that neighborhood in Chicago. It is safe and no problem, until you act like a vulnerable idiot who is just begging to be bothered.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I would pay to watch many of you Bison fans navigate that neighborhood in Chicago. It is safe and no problem, until you act like a vulnerable idiot who is just begging to be bothered.
    Wherever we travel we can always bring a companion.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Being from Chicago, I'm enjoying some of your fear of the Windy City. It helps me think about you guys the way I always wanted to.

P.S. Chicago has its own version of your favorite Frisco stadium: Toyota Stadium.
    Yes indeed. Attended Clapton’s Crossroads concert there in 2010. Night before we had Buddy Guy sign us a t-shirt at his Legends club. Saw a very young Quinn Sullivan trade licks on stage with Buddy that night. It was pretty epic.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I could totally see the Frisco cruiser making it to the Mars game. Lone Starr and Barf style.
    That's where it was most of the 2018 season...scouting trip making sure the Mars liquor stores had the ingredients for end zone bombs, made sure the tailgate lot had enough room to pump it up and we installed some safety nets for when it starts raining (Martian) bitches. I thought this was common knowledge?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I guess that I must have successfully curbed my vulnerable idiocy that could have gotten me killed when I did home medical service in the Robert Taylor homes, Cabrini Green, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I guess that I must have successfully curbed my vulnerable idiocy that could have gotten me killed when I did home medical service in the Robert Taylor homes, Cabrini Green, etc.
    That reminds me of a night out in Chicago with my friends all from Fargo and Rochester, this was maybe 20 years ago. We wandered into a kind of skeevy part of downtown and, while trying to keep a low profile getting reoriented one of my friends sees a sign for an hourly hotel and says, in his outside voice "WHY WOULD SOMEONE NEED A HOTEL FOR ONLY AN HOUR?" We picked up the pace a little bit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Wherever we travel we can always bring a companion.

That's great. It would make most Chicagoans shake in fear like they were from South Dakota!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yes indeed. Attended Clapton’s Crossroads concert there in 2010. Night before we had Buddy Guy sign us a t-shirt at his Legends club. Saw a very young Quinn Sullivan trade licks on stage with Buddy that night. It was pretty epic.

Yep, I was also there at Crossroads 2010. Perhaps the most enjoyable day of music ever for me. Loved Buddy Guy changing a guitar string while singing a Rolling Stones song with Ronnie Wood. It was my introduction to Robert Randolph. Incredible. And Bill Murray was hilarious. So much better than the little clips on the DVD.