Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summit League Hoops Thread

Default Re: 2019 Summit League Hoops Thread

Now Yotes announce they get the 6’11” transfer from Nebraska. Yotes building a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Now Yotes announce they get the 6’11” transfer from Nebraska. Yotes building a squad.
    https://goyotes.com/news/2019/5/23/m...asketball.aspx

Brady Heiman - Springfield NE (Platteville HS) (would know Bison Sam Greisel)

Due to NCAA transfer rules, Heiman will have to sit out the 2019-20 season but USD is looking to file a waiver with the NCAA regarding the circumstances that his scholarship was not renewed at Nebraska.
    AKA new Nebraska Head Coach Fred Hoiberg said your services are no longer required......

Chatter over on the HYB is that Jeff Boschee from Valley City will be named head mens BB coach by week end. Sounds like an interesting hire. Could create some buzz at least around the state. Enjoyed watching Jeff play while in high school at Valley City and down at Kansas.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Coyotes are getting some good transfers.
    SDSU will be down for sure as will IPFW.
    Oral Roberts will be a wild card next year as will Denver if Billups can turn it around.

und could hire Phil Jackson and still won't be a destination basketball place...
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 05-30-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Coyotes are getting some good transfers.
    SDSU will be down for sure as will IPFW.
    Oral Roberts will be a wild card next year as will Denver if Billups can turn it around.

und could hure Phil Jackson and still won't be a destination basketball place...
    SDSU will take a step back because they lose almost all of their scoring and minutes from last year, but you're crazy if you think they've fallen off a cliff and won't be competitive. Friedel will play as a Freshman and will have a similar/more of an impact than Griesel did for us this year. If Wingett gets a waiver, they've essentially reloaded and replaced a lot of scoring and will be more athletic. I feel like a there's a floor at SDSU now and they won't ever be bottom half of the conference. Obviously, none of their incoming players are Daum...losing him is going to hurt, but I don't think they fall off as much as some think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Chatter over on the HYB is that Jeff Boschee from Valley City will be named head mens BB coach by week end. Sounds like an interesting hire. Could create some buzz at least around the state. Enjoyed watching Jeff play while in high school at Valley City and down at Kansas.
    OOOps so much for chatter...
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/inc...all-head-coach

Candidates are

Northern State Paul Sather
    UND Assistant coach Steve Grabowski
    Wisconsin Green Bay assistant coach Randall Herbst

Somehow Boschee just must not have worked out...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can you imagine the shock Boschee would have been in for? Going from his experience at KU where basketball is life to UND where the basketball team is expected to launder the hockey teams jock straps.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Can you imagine the shock Boschee would have been in for? Going from his experience at KU where basketball is life to UND where the basketball team is expected to launder the hockey teams jock straps.
    I’m sure basketball is a huuuuge deal in his current gig at Southern Missouri State. Lol

It's Northern State's Sather per twitter...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Nope. Hearing it's Paul Sather from Northern State. Good hire.