Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summit League Hoops Thread

Default Re: 2019 Summit League Hoops Thread

Lol!! Pudly Longhorns getting Dauminated right now. SDSU takes the lead after being 19 down.

SDSU going to lose this one. Daum way too passive to their PG Jenkins the last 5 minutes of game.

Jenkins might shoot 30+ times a game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Yeah, and he's the not the most efficient with his shots even inside the arc. He's incredibly streaky from 3 based on what I've seen. SDSU is going to have some growing pains next year I think but I'm sure they'll have the talent to contend for the title by the time the SLT rolls around if they can put it together.

Not sad at all to see Daum go but you have to respect what he accomplished. He had a historic career not just by SDSU or Summit League standards but by NCAA D1 standards. I'm not sure if his game translates to the NBA but he's got many more years of playing basketball somewhere for plenty of money if he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, and he's the not the most efficient with his shots even inside the arc. He's incredibly streaky from 3 based on what I've seen. SDSU is going to have some growing pains next year I think but I'm sure they'll have the talent to contend for the title by the time the SLT rolls around if they can put it together.

Not sad at all to see Daum go but you have to respect what he accomplished. He had a historic career not just by SDSU or Summit League standards but by NCAA D1 standards. I'm not sure if his game translates to the NBA but he's got many more years of playing basketball somewhere for plenty of money if he wants it.
    I always liked Daum. SDSU will be alright, plenty of talent

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Where does Mike Daum rank compared to the other Summit greats since we joined? He had the most successful career by far, IMO.

Daum
    Benson
    Alexander
    Hill
    Wolters
    Hamilton
    Woodside

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Doesnt have the best of shot selection

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Where does Mike Daum rank compared to the other Summit greats since we joined? He had the most successful career by far, IMO.

Daum
    Benson
    Alexander
    Hill
    Wolters
    Hamilton
    Woodside
    Most talented Hill, best career Daum

Woodside and Wolters are kind of exchangable at 3 and 4. Than you can toss in Benson, LA, Konchar, etc
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Doesnt have the best of shot selection
    Jenkins shot over 45% from three while attempting 7.7 per game. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../david-jenkins

He's one of the most efficient three point shooters of the last decade in the NCAA https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821137#slide6

That said, he's quite streaky, tries to do too much at times, and still has a long ways to go on defense and ball control.

I'm glad we have him, and am excited about who we have coming in next year with Grill and others. I think we'll be fine offensively, but am concerned about defense and toughness due to the loss of Tevin King.

#8 seed South Dakota women lose 79-66 to #9 seed Clemson.

Pressure is on the Jackrabbits this morning to win one for the conference after the Jacks and ‘Yotes both got good seeds. 6th seed SDSU plays 11 seed Quinnipiac at 10:00 on ESPN2 and ESPN3.