Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2013 vs 2018

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2013 vs 2018

The 2013 defense played at such a high level that I don't even know how many points our 2018 offense would score against them. 2018 passing game was quite questionable outside of Shep. If you put Marcus on him and have him shadow him the entire game who is Easton throwing to? I think the only way 2018 would score is to do a whole lot of QB power, QB sweep, etc.

2013 offense I think would have a lot more success against the 2018 defense.

Both teams are great but I think 2013 wins by a couple of TD's at least.

To me, the most recent (2018) Bison team is better. I base this on one fact alone; the level of playing in the FCS is substantially better in 2018 than it was in 2013. Teams are literally copying and designing their programs to mimic NDSU. Look at JMU, that was Houston's whole point.

Its a lot harder to do what they did with that big of a target on their back for all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I’d take the combination of Ojuri and Crockett all day over the 2018 backs due to their durability alone.

No offense to the 2018 running backs or Chad Stark/Doug Loyd combo, but the 2013 running back game was the strongest it has ever been.

Crockett ended his career second in all time rushing yards and Ojuri third.
    A minor correction---Ojuri (3694) finished 4th behind Kyle Steffes (3952).

This is why comparisons between the 2 teams are hard IMO. Dunn finished 8th but was only 666 yards behind Sam. Dunn and Anderson both had over 2,000 career yards, split a lot more carries with other backs and also had a QB that ran for 2523 yards (Jensen had 1240). Crockett and Ojuri finished 3rd and 4th in attempts. All in all, it seems to me just isolating individual positions for comparisons is tough.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I would have to go with the 2013 team. After the K-state win I did not think that team would lose a game. I felt comfortable at every game just wondering how much they would win by.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    To me, the most recent (2018) Bison team is better. I base this on one fact alone; the level of playing in the FCS is substantially better in 2018 than it was in 2013. Teams are literally copying and designing their programs to mimic NDSU. Look at JMU, that was Houston's whole point.

Its a lot harder to do what they did with that big of a target on their back for all these years.
    I don't know if I agree with that, IMO the FCS was a bit down this season. Even the MVFC was not as good in 2018.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2013 vs 2018

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The 2013 would have finished that 10 minute plus drive against EWU in the Natty. There was just a bit more nastiness and swagger on that team IMO.
    I kind of agree with that. For whatever reason they do seem like they had a bit more swagger. 13’ felt like we’re going to wear you down and by the 4th it’s over. Of course this year it seems like we never had a chance to wear teams down because a good chunk of games were over by half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013...The FCS was better, the MVFC was better, that team just destroyed everything in its wake in the playoffs and they had a legit win against an FBS team.

I wish 2018 had a shot at an FBS team but they didn't, so it is what it is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I have to go now and decide which of my two kids I like best.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    That's an easy decision for me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I’ll never tell
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans