Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Seems like Brock got the shaft in this deal. I'd tend to believe him and his mom's story... not really sure why they'd have any reason to lie. Larsen has plenty of reason to fudge the truth here.

It's also possible that it was a student and technically a staff member that gave it to him if it was a GA or a former player that still hangs out with the team.
    Clarify something for me---are GA's considered "student-athletes"?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Seems like Brock got the shaft in this deal. I'd tend to believe him and his mom's story... not really sure why they'd have any reason to lie. Larsen has plenty of reason to fudge the truth here.

It's also possible that it was a student and technically a staff member that gave it to him if it was a GA or a former player that still hangs out with the team.
    Oh please. You don't think mama bear flipped out when she heard her Cub was losing his full ride and Senior year? Maybe he got them from a friend and in the heat of the moment told a little fib to Mama Bear. It happens. My speculation should be as good as anyone's. It's all a bunch of crap.

Lardsin must go!

I bet the truth lies somewhere in between.

Odds if everyone getting it? Zero. More than 1 person would have tested positive. 18 players per game x 3 playoff games is 54 players on a smaller playoff roster. Plus regular season testing through the same company

Odds of a position coach handing it out to every player, not knowing its banned? Very unlikely but possible. Once again the number of tests to athletes just dont add up.

Odds of Brock just being bitter and throwing people under the bus. Possible but unlikely.

Odds of a staff member loosely suggesting it to a player, who got his own and gave it to Brock? Or hearing about a supplement and getting wrong stuff? Most probable.

What I found interesting is Brock said he knew exactly where you can and cant get its which makes me think he actually seeked it out, or bought it or knew the person who did.

I dont think Brock is in the wrong and he got a bad deal by the NCAA who is clueless

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Clarify something for me---are GA's considered "student-athletes"?
    I wouldn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Oh please. You don't think mama bear flipped out when she heard her Cub was losing his full ride and Senior year? Maybe he got them from a friend and in the heat of the moment told a little fib to Mama Bear. It happens. My speculation should be as good as anyone's. It's all a bunch of crap.
    Fair enough. Your guess is as good as mine. I just don't see why he'd lie about it to his mom. Whether he got it from a coach or another student the outcome doesn't change for him. If he is telling a fib to mommy about it I have no sympathy for him since he's unnecessarily dragging a lot of respectable coaches through the mud by doing something like that.

I don't get what the Robbins's goal is here. If they are looking for accountability, name the person who gave it to him. They say they're looking to clear his name, but this makes him look a lot worse.

Also, ef the NCAA. A year for a pre-workout powder. What an organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I don't get what the Robbins's goal is here. If they are looking for accountability, name the person who gave it to him. They say they're looking to clear his name, but this makes him look a lot worse.

Agreed. They're acting like he's a martyr for not outing the "trusted staff member" but in reality they're putting a suspicious cloud over every member of that staff.

Well, at least the inforum website is all over the story.

Last weekend, Bison Track & Field athlete Payton Otterdahl threw the shot put farther than anyone else on the planet (thus far in 2019) and that story was buried in the SUB-TAB "Sports"" and then one had to click the SUB-SUB-TAB "More Sections" and then a SUB-SUB-SUB-TAB "Track & Field" in order to see coverage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post

I think he wants to clear his name since people thought he was a steroid user, an illegal drug user, and a cheater.

Obviously he's not and we know that now. (Actually people who followed closely knew he wasnt because a banned stimulant isnt steroids or weed. But everyone doesnt follow closely )

But not calling out a specific current or former staff member is lame. It's like taking responsibility but not. Its like a news story naming "an unnamed source. "

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I don’t get the animosity toward the NCAA on this. Athletes and by extension, programs are responsible for knowing what they put in their body.

The notion that calling something a ‘pre-workout powder’ makes whatever is in it automatically benign is ridiculous. It’s either complete ignorance or complete obsfuscation. Neither obsolve responsibility.

At this point, seems like there’s a disagreement about the source of the substance. Could truely be from outside the program, could be plausible deniability.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dryash83 View Post
    The story from the family says "a trusted staff member". AD Larson said "NDSU" does not provide supplements. Both versions could be true.
    The motivation coach?